Author Topic: Traders Feedback  (Read 30628 times)

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
Re: Traders Feedback
« Reply #45: April 29, 2012, 05:45:26 PM »
This !@#$ always happens when my dude's too far away to react...

Any ETA on food rot being enabled?

Try to plan for change on testing =)  I built three granaries before I left for Giask from Astrum.  Still have 900 extra bushels now.  Total storage is at 3k though which is nice.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: April 29, 2012, 05:51:06 PM »
The rot warnings showed up today. Shouldn't be too long.

I saw it before, I thought?

Try to plan for change on testing =)  I built three granaries before I left for Giask from Astrum.  Still have 900 extra bushels now.  Total storage is at 3k though which is nice.

Yea, I have 3k capacity too, I think. But I don't consider that to be all that nice. They start getting expensive, after a few...

Ideally, I'd want enough storage capacity to hold a year's worth of consumption.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: April 29, 2012, 06:43:37 PM »
how does rot affect food that's dumped on sell offers?

---
i mean... you obviously cannot rot the offer itself... otherwise the trades will ever balance up.

so.. should i take it that you count everything in the market and granary... then rot away whatever "excess" (ie.. total food - total granary space) from whatever is in the granary? what if there's nothing in the granary... and market has more than granary space? rot away from food produced on the dot and make it a deficit (going hungry) if "food produced - rot" doesn't cover consumption?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 09:05:38 PM by fodder »
firefox

egamma

« Reply #48: April 29, 2012, 10:47:11 PM »

---
i mean... you obviously cannot rot the offer itself... otherwise the trades will ever balance up.

so.. should i take it that you count everything in the market and granary... then rot away whatever "excess" (ie.. total food - total granary space) from whatever is in the granary? what if there's nothing in the granary... and market has more than granary space? rot away from food produced on the dot and make it a deficit (going hungry) if "food produced - rot" doesn't cover consumption?

Yes, it's sorta been my assumption that food in the marketplace doesn't rot, it's sort of an exploit, but one that you can't not use. After all, I do want to sell my surplus...the fact that it will (probably) also avoid rot is just a bonus.

Any word on the granary size doubling? I think we would all rather spend our money on war instead of granaries.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: April 29, 2012, 10:49:30 PM »
With the move away from caravans, is there any means for armies to steal another realm's food? War becomes a much less appealing tool to fix food issues without this option.

It also removes the possibility of loot-driven economies or food-based submission (go loot enemy land for food, sell it away to another realm for profits: looting tax gold only rarely gives all that much wealth).

Yes, it's sorta been my assumption that food in the marketplace doesn't rot, it's sort of an exploit, but one that you can't not use. After all, I do want to sell my surplus...the fact that it will (probably) also avoid rot is just a bonus.

Any word on the granary size doubling? I think we would all rather spend our money on war instead of granaries.

I wouldn't. :P

Or maybe I would?

I'm not quite sure anymore.

I'm just happy when I'm more wealthy than others. :P
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: April 29, 2012, 10:58:10 PM »
it's not just the money.. how many slots do the cities have? avengmil, a 10k townsland has 13 slots. used 9 slots already (2 granaries, 2 banners, 1 scout, 1 healer, 1 smith, 1 market, 1 demo). then again... avengmil doesn't need to buy all that much food, so it's somewhat moot.
firefox

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: April 29, 2012, 11:04:34 PM »
it's not just the money.. how many slots do the cities have? avengmil, a 10k townsland has 13 slots. used 9 slots already (2 granaries, 2 banners, 1 scout, 1 healer, 1 smith, 1 market, 1 demo). then again... avengmil doesn't need to buy all that much food, so it's somewhat moot.

Granaries don't use the slots of the rest of the infrastructure, do they...?

:o

The typical Dwilightian city needs more granaries than the average city does, 'cause of winter...

Eithad

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: April 30, 2012, 12:52:38 AM »

:o

The typical Dwilightian city needs more granaries than the average city does, 'cause of winter...

Thats only if your other regions arent storing food, have some granaries in your rurals and sell food to the cities as the cities run out. Thats the cheaper option.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #53: April 30, 2012, 01:20:36 AM »

This is one of the reasons rot is not yet active. I don't yet have a solution for this. The closest I have right now is applying accumulated rot to offers that return, but even that isn't as easy as it sounds.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #54: April 30, 2012, 01:22:25 AM »

Coming with the next update.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: April 30, 2012, 03:57:39 AM »
Thats only if your other regions arent storing food, have some granaries in your rurals and sell food to the cities as the cities run out. Thats the cheaper option.

Of course the rurals have a bunch of granaries as well. But our rural/city ratio isn't as high as most realms', so just massively spreading out the total storage capacity in order to get a ton of granaries for really cheap ain't an option. Sure, of course we can spread 'em out as much as possible, but what I mean is that it won't be all that cheap.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: April 30, 2012, 07:51:26 AM »
they do count.
firefox

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: April 30, 2012, 01:30:50 PM »

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: April 30, 2012, 02:18:58 PM »
Ideally, I'd want enough storage capacity to hold a year's worth of consumption.

LOL

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59: April 30, 2012, 07:06:50 PM »
LOL
Why "LOL"? Thanks to the new doubled warehouses, I'm almost there.

Well, an IG year, not an RL year. :P
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.