Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Luria Nova vs Fissoa

Started by Velax, April 25, 2012, 08:37:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madigan

Quote from: Solari on April 26, 2012, 08:52:40 PM
I am PRAYING for a good wiki article which recounts all of that.  Solaria was very surprised by events.  From what I've learned, it sounds like it could be one of the better stories that BM has generated.

Likewise. Its a very curious series of events that could use some hashing out. I think its even more interesting when you put the decline of PeL and the rise of Solaria side by side. There were a lot of people taken aback at how quickly Solaria rose to the zenith of their power while Pian dipped towards the nadir of their spiral.

The right combination of mistakes, chance happenings, and taking advantage of certain situations is a powerful thing.
Silverfire: So who married Alice?
Woelfy: She's married to Hendrick Madigan
Silverfire: How much would it cost for someone to assasinate Hendrick Madigan for me

Andrew

Quote from: Dante Silverfire on April 26, 2012, 10:31:09 PM
I'm considering having Brom write an IC memoir at some point. Granted it'll be biased since its an autobiography. But hey.

Every nibble taken with grain of salt, of course. Or perhaps every byte.
Like my programming? Become my patron!

Penchant

Quote from: Dante Silverfire on April 26, 2012, 10:31:09 PM
I'm considering having Brom write an IC memoir at some point. Granted it'll be biased since its an autobiography. But hey.
Imagine Brom as a mentor, making all the new players rebellious minons of his.
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
― G.K. Chesterton

Andrew

Quote from: Penchant on April 27, 2012, 04:04:23 AM

A Genius Idea!
Like my programming? Become my patron!

Penchant

Quote from: Sargon_Tian on April 27, 2012, 04:11:08 AM
A Genius Idea!
Though I said it as a joke, it actually would be great for him to be a mentor as he has much experiance and lots of stories to keep interest. One thing I would be interested in for the mentor/student thing is for an option to become student in a different context. What I mean is when I joined D'hara I heard about the Dragon Queen and was quite interested so if their was a different student option where you learn more about the particular realm's history instead of how to play the game.
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
― G.K. Chesterton

Dante Silverfire

Quote from: Penchant on April 27, 2012, 04:04:23 AM

Who is to say I am not already doing this except in a different sense?

Brom mentors a lot of characters. It is one of the way he gains followers. (Example: Katerina)

Although in general, my other main character is the one that operates more by mentoring character than Brom does. He is also much more honorable.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Bedwyr

Quote from: Anaris on April 26, 2012, 05:24:23 PM
Sure it can. That kind of manipulation can have long-reaching effects, and just because it's not being practiced actively by the original instigator doesn't mean it's not having any effect.

Furthermore, just because he's down and out doesn't mean that the casus belli from what he did isn't there ;D

Indeed!  I've used far lesser excuses-cough-um, justifications, yeah, for wars before.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Bedwyr

Quote from: Lorgan on April 26, 2012, 08:17:05 PM
PeL under Koli wanted to be THE Lurian powerhouse, now we are rather looking for a federation of equals under the guise of an empire.

That's not even close to being true.  Koli was very specifically and intentionally trying to weaken Pian en Luries.  And every other Lurian realm.  That was the substance of the charge of abusing the Manifest Path, after all.  The only part he found confusing was that people kept saying this was some secret plot.  He thought it was obvious.

I think Koli really was the stupidest character I've ever played in Battlemaster...
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Dante Silverfire

Quote from: Bedwyr on April 28, 2012, 08:30:26 AM
That's not even close to being true.  Koli was very specifically and intentionally trying to weaken Pian en Luries.  And every other Lurian realm.  That was the substance of the charge of abusing the Manifest Path, after all.  The only part he found confusing was that people kept saying this was some secret plot.  He thought it was obvious.

I think Koli really was the stupidest character I've ever played in Battlemaster...

And Y'all kicked me out for killing him? CMON!!!!
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Lorgan

Heh. That didn't really cross my mind... You see the king of a realm trying to weaken your realm using a religion he controls, you assume that he's after you and not just after everyone. :P

Sacha

Quote from: Dante Silverfire on April 28, 2012, 09:07:52 AM
And Y'all kicked me out for killing him? CMON!!!!

We kicked you out for a lot of things :P

JPierreD

That's not even close to being true.  Koli was very specifically and intentionally trying to weaken Pian en Luries.  And every other Lurian realm.  That was the substance of the charge of abusing the Manifest Path, after all.

Very well, but Koli did want the Manifest Path to be the powerhouse then. PeL, tMP, it didn't matter who was the master, for Solaria and Luria Nova it was bad news.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Solari

Quote from: JPierreD on April 28, 2012, 03:19:43 PM
Very well, but Koli did want the Manifest Path to be the powerhouse then. PeL, tMP, it didn't matter who was the master, for Solaria and Luria Nova it was bad news.

You know... If Koli was the Architect, Malus was the Engineer.  Someone had to implement the structure.  Malus (and me, tbqh) just didn't realize how quickly the whole apparatus would be turned on him.   :-\

Bedwyr

Quote from: Solari on April 28, 2012, 03:32:10 PM
You know... If Koli was the Architect, Malus was the Engineer.  Someone had to implement the structure.  Malus (and me, tbqh) just didn't realize how quickly the whole apparatus would be turned on him.   :-\

Koli didn't want to turn it against Malus.  Up until that last, what was it, two weeks before he got attacked? he thought of Malus as his strongest ally in the effort to stop the Lurian infighting.  He spent the whole rest of the time going "why is Malus doing this??!?!", and then got poisoned, stabbed, sabotaged medical care, and crazy people trying to "look after him".

The whole thing was actually aimed at Fulco/other Luria Novans, mostly.  And if I'd had the time to actually not have Koli suck as a Ruler and Prophet, I think it would have worked.

Arundel

Quote from: Bedwyr on April 28, 2012, 11:21:18 PM
Koli didn't want to turn it against Malus.  Up until that last, what was it, two weeks before he got attacked? he thought of Malus as his strongest ally in the effort to stop the Lurian infighting.  He spent the whole rest of the time going "why is Malus doing this??!?!", and then got poisoned, stabbed, sabotaged medical care, and crazy people trying to "look after him".

The whole thing was actually aimed at Fulco/other Luria Novans, mostly.  And if I'd had the time to actually not have Koli suck as a Ruler and Prophet, I think it would have worked.

::) but I thought Koli just wanted to kill off D'hara out of revenge for what they did to his father. Did removing Fulco really have to come before that?
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus