Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Mobile Site

Started by Charles, April 25, 2012, 04:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Might want to wait with those, because an update to the message system is upcoming.

Anaris

Quote from: Tom on May 26, 2012, 01:48:18 PM
Might want to wait with those, because an update to the message system is upcoming.

If you can give us an ETA on that, then waiting might be reasonable...
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Tom

Quote from: Anaris on May 26, 2012, 03:29:23 PM
If you can give us an ETA on that, then waiting might be reasonable...

No, I can't. But unless there is a reason why the message pages must be done first, I don't see why effort should be wasted here.

Anaris

Quote from: Tom on May 29, 2012, 05:41:53 PM
No, I can't. But unless there is a reason why the message pages must be done first, I don't see why effort should be wasted here.

Because messaging is a huge percentage of what BM is all about.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Solari

I can skip over it for now.  It's not like there aren't a dozen other pages.

Tom

Quote from: Anaris on May 29, 2012, 05:43:47 PM
Because messaging is a huge percentage of what BM is all about.

This is a disconnected discussion. Nobody is talking about not doing them, simply about not STARTING with something that is due to change considerably.

Chenier

Quote from: Indirik on April 25, 2012, 04:35:29 PM
Try using the current mobile site: http://m.battlemaster.org

It is a bit easier on mobile devices.

Could that address be put somewhere, like the game and wiki's main pages? I don't know what I was trying, but I couldn't for the love of god find the mobile version when trying to log on with my mobile, which caused the status bar to chop a part of my messages.

It'd be helpful!
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Tom

Yes, once it's actually more than a CSS hack.

Chenier

Quote from: Tom on May 30, 2012, 02:07:04 PM
Yes, once it's actually more than a CSS hack.

A mere disclaimer would be fine! ;)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Foundation

It should automatically redirect you to the mobile site once the mobile site is done.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Indirik

How about *not* automatically? Maybe give them a link, with an option to make the choice sticky?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Foundation

There is usually a link at the bottom of mobile sites for the "Desktop version".  Automatically mobile is the norm.  Unless you have some convincing arguments for why that's a bad idea, it's a much better experience.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Kaltenthal

Any Updates on the Project ?!

Perth

Any news on this? Was looking fantastic.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Solari

I'm very behind, but it hasn't been forgotten. A new house and new job responsibilities have conspired to bury me in "important" stuff.