Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Food

Started by dustole, May 07, 2012, 08:15:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

egamma

Quote from: OFaolain on August 01, 2012, 09:20:43 AM
We're doing fine up in Iashalur, plenty of food to go around.  And we even got our one region that went rogue back. :)

Then why didn't the trader that I sent to you weeks ago report back that there was no food to be had? D'Hara would be happy to purchase all your stock.

Sacha

Quote from: egamma on August 01, 2012, 02:45:13 PM
Then why didn't the trader that I sent to you weeks ago report back that there was no food to be had?

Because no one likes you and you should just die!

Solari

Then why didn't the trader that I sent to you weeks ago report back that there was no food to be had? D'Hara would be happy to purchase all your stock.

Lots of realms close off markets as a matter of course. People were also (justifiably) terrified of the eternal winter. Solaria sold D'Hara a ton of grain just before the devs realized that winter wasn't ending, and even with our breadbaskets, I'm not sure that the deal would have happened with that knowledge.

Vellos

Quote from: Glaumring on August 01, 2012, 09:44:01 AM
I have nothing against Geronus, I just know that Terran will use OoG knowledge to affect IG relations. You guts know that the only reason Halleria went rogue was because of forum arguments, IG I had no reason to mistrust her too much, IG I was looking for a reason but couldnt logically RP it. It was the first time we experienced OOg influence our IG and everyone on the forums cheered. I have used Oog knowledge once, i !@#$ed up, i'll admit it. Since that time though i have been more careful. Excuse my spelling, writing on  a phone.

What on earth are you talking about?

What forum arguments about Halleria? What cheering? Her secession was a minor incident; and certainly Terran wasn't cheering, lol.

I'm not sure what OOG knowledge you thing Terran is using. It's actually been frustrating for me how much I do know OOC that I can't use IC. If you believe we're abusing OOG knowledge, please say so, and explain how.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

OFaolain

Because the Margrave of Gaston, where all our food was stored, was on vacation for ~2 weeks.  Which is, incidentally, why my character Eoghan is now Duke and Margrave of Gaston.  I'll sell to D'hara once our allies aren't starving and I know how much food we're actually going to produce this year.
MacGeil Family: Cathan (Corsanctum)
Formerly the O'Faolain, then Nisbet families

Glaumring the Fox

Halleria and I argued on the forum but never really spoke IG, so I could never justifiably remove her IG. So her forum frustration with me caused her to split IG. No one else followed her because everyone else is enjoying being in Asylon and working on the realm. All complaints or issues are usually dealt with in game. Halleria never really spoke in game but spoke a lot in the forum.

Thats why I hate this forum, its kind of ruined the game and it was better before without it.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Geronus

Quote from: Glaumring on August 01, 2012, 07:29:19 PM
Halleria and I argued on the forum but never really spoke IG, so I could never justifiably remove her IG. So her forum frustration with me caused her to split IG. No one else followed her because everyone else is enjoying being in Asylon and working on the realm. All complaints or issues are usually dealt with in game. Halleria never really spoke in game but spoke a lot in the forum.

Thats why I hate this forum, its kind of ruined the game and it was better before without it.

Hey, you're the one who keeps coming back for more.  8)

Foundation

Ya'know, we should FOOD in a FOOD thread.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Geronus

That's a depressing subject at the moment. Who really wants to talk about it? A third of my realm rebelled because of starvation, but on the plus side I currently own D'Hara's capital. Now what should I do with it, eh? I could always give it to Allison like she wanted...

Anaris

On the bright side, the starvation situation has inspired me to create more tools for the Banker to understand the food situation.

Seeing so many people sitting around at home due to starvation made me realize that a lot of people don't really understand why starvation occurs in a given situation. I'm currently working on a new informational page that will not only allow the Banker to compare the realm's food status in various situations—eg, compare full production to current production; compare normal weather to current weather; compare winter to autumn, etc—and see what the various effects are, but also give some basic analyses of the situation and tell you, for instance, "No matter what you do with the regions you've got, you'll never be able to break even on food. You've got to import food, or go take some more food-producing regions."

I may even add a teasing little indicator of which regions would be best to take to alleviate your food problems...without, of course, bothering to check whether said regions belong to allies or enemies ;D
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Foundation

Having your army sitting at home eats your own bushels.  Having your army sitting in an enemy realm eats their bushels. :P
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Geronus

Quote from: Anaris on August 01, 2012, 07:43:49 PM
On the bright side, the starvation situation has inspired me to create more tools for the Banker to understand the food situation.

Seeing so many people sitting around at home due to starvation made me realize that a lot of people don't really understand why starvation occurs in a given situation. I'm currently working on a new informational page that will not only allow the Banker to compare the realm's food status in various situations—eg, compare full production to current production; compare normal weather to current weather; compare winter to autumn, etc—and see what the various effects are, but also give some basic analyses of the situation and tell you, for instance, "No matter what you do with the regions you've got, you'll never be able to break even on food. You've got to import food, or go take some more food-producing regions."

I may even add a teasing little indicator of which regions would be best to take to alleviate your food problems...without, of course, bothering to check whether said regions belong to allies or enemies ;D

Neat! That will be helpful.

Glaumring the Fox

Quote from: Geronus on August 01, 2012, 07:31:27 PM
Hey, you're the one who keeps coming back for more.  8)

Im a 'glutton' for punishment.  8) get it? Food thread, starvation, glutton... Get it?
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Foundation

It was obvious at "glutton". -_-

fodder

Quote from: OFaolain on August 01, 2012, 09:20:43 AM
We're doing fine up in Iashalur, plenty of food to go around.  And we even got our one region that went rogue back. :)

now you tell me... i was told no food (for sale) up there before i headed back XD
firefox