Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Newer Kabrinskia vs. Terran Thread

Started by Vellos, May 10, 2012, 11:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

egamma

Quote from: Dante Silverfire on May 11, 2012, 06:07:20 AM
Is polygamy supported by SA?

Are the stars married? There are three of them...

Kellaine

Quote from: egamma on May 11, 2012, 06:06:19 AM
Didn't you leave of your own accord?

Katayanna would have but was rebelled on before she could. Katayanna still has a claim for that reason.

Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

Feylonis

Halleria honestly does not know who Brom is.

Sacha

Quote from: Vellos on May 11, 2012, 05:52:53 AM
lol, if you want I can try and take a poll of how much people care about Brom. I'm pretty sure it would mostly result in people saying, "Who is Brom?"

Sucks to be you guys then. Knowledge is power, and you'd think people would do some background checks on new arrivals, especially high profile ones like Brom. But by all means, keep thinking Brom is a nobody. More fun for the rest of us...

Kellaine

Katayanna is the most important noble in Kabrinskia...

The true power behind the throne...
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

Vellos

Quote from: Sacha on May 11, 2012, 01:02:34 PM
Sucks to be you guys then. Knowledge is power, and you'd think people would do some background checks on new arrivals, especially high profile ones like Brom. But by all means, keep thinking Brom is a nobody. More fun for the rest of us...

He's only as powerful as you choose to make him. If we all ignore him, he's weak. If we all pay attention, he's strong. It's that simple. Sure, Kabrinskia pays attention to him, maybe: because, for now, he has the Aegis. Maybe they'll continue to pay attention in the future. Doesn't matter much. He has no special superpowers.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Kellaine

Quote from: Vellos on May 11, 2012, 04:51:08 PM
He's only as powerful as you choose to make him. If we all ignore him, he's weak. If we all pay attention, he's strong. It's that simple. Sure, Kabrinskia pays attention to him, maybe: because, for now, he has the Aegis. Maybe they'll continue to pay attention in the future. Doesn't matter much. He has no special superpowers.

Luckily everyone pays attention to him. making him powerful

egamma

https://twitter.com/#!/TheRealZumaGM/status/200962115010428929

Anaris

No, he certainly has no special superpowers.

But you have to be careful with this part:

QuoteIf we all ignore him, he's weak.

Strictly speaking, it's true. However, you have to watch out for who the "we" is.

Yes, you can ignore him, and Sacha can ignore him, and Dustole can ignore him, and all the people you tell about him can ignore him.

But that's still not everyone in the game, or even everyone in the 'moot.

And just because certain people tell you they're ignoring him doesn't mean it's true.

This is exactly the kind of mistake I made with Alanna one too many times.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Dante Silverfire

Shhh....

How am I supposed to manipulate the Kabrinskia vs. Terran war if you keep telling people to ignore me.

Quote from: Sacha on May 11, 2012, 01:02:34 PM

Although, regardless of what people want to say about it. Even if it is attempted to ignore my character, you don't suddenly eliminate all of his friendly contacts that he already has in your realm. He's a member of many guilds and a few secret societies and now the biggest religion.

Quote from: katayanna on May 11, 2012, 04:47:06 PM
Kayayanna is the most important noble in Kabrinskia...

The true power behind the throne...

Alas, I can't compete with Katayanna though, who misspells her own character's name.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Kellaine

Quote from: Dante Silverfire on May 11, 2012, 04:55:11 PM
Alas, I can't compete with Katayanna though, who misspells her own character's name.

lol, thanks for pointing that out.... that is what I get for typing so fast.... lol

JPierreD

d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Charles

Perhaps I will regret asking this question, but it seems like without the answer I am a bit lost on this thread.

Who the $%#& is Brom, and why is there even a debate as to why we should care who he is?

Dante Silverfire

Quote from: Charles on May 11, 2012, 05:33:42 PM
Perhaps I will regret asking this question, but it seems like without the answer I am a bit lost on this thread.

Who the $%#& is Brom, and why is there even a debate as to why we should care who he is?

Apparently he's the most important thing to talk about in this war. Don't happen to agree that much myself, as I think the terrible military tactics by each side is more interesting, but Brom was the one who brought the Aegis of the Zuma to Kabrinskia and thus gave Kabrinskia their choice in favors...which could theoretically affect the war effort.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Indirik

Some random guy who's biggest claim to fame is, believe it or not, serial failure.

Oh, and possessing a Zuma artifact.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.