Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Newer Kabrinskia vs. Terran Thread

Started by Vellos, May 10, 2012, 11:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chenier

Quote from: Ehndras on June 01, 2012, 08:47:41 AM
I find it hilarious that I joined Terran specifically to get away from the wars in the East, namely all my friends in Summerdale. Suddenly, war! And here I thought I'd have time to build up troops, learn the ropes, become active in local politics... :| Most I've managed to do is become vice-marshal of the army that just got cavalry-curbstomped, a senator, and take an arrow to the <somewhere> while having my entire unit utterly annihilated by advancing cavalry.

All in all, this is not going as planned. :P

If peace is what you want, D'Hara you should have joined. ;)

Of course, that doesn't mean we'll never go to war. It isn't, however, our first reaction whenever !@#$ happens, and we've done pretty good at avoiding it so far.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Glaumring the Fox

Halleria Feylonis, I have asking the realm
to prepare for war for a long long time. If you cannot figure out what it means when someone asks that regions gather militia inkey points, recruit large units over and over and over and over means then im sorry but everyone had fair and clear warning. I being one of the very few players in Asylon that actually even talks. If need be I can post my entire conversation log for all to see and you can do the same, I dare say you speak more on the forums than you do in game. Maybe that is where you should have been more proactive. I know its easy to blame me for everything now, but to say I have been unclear is just not true.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Indirik

Quote from: Feylonis on June 01, 2012, 08:32:16 AMWallershire went the way that Walefshire did (easy taking of a region that is supposed to be a bulky defensive feature).
Wallershire isn't taken yet. (OK, maybe it's a foregone conclusion. But anything can happen.)

Also, Walefishire was the site of the massive battle that really broke Cearwyn. Astrum, Corsanctum, and Morek all joined together to sack the townsland when it was defended by almost the entire Caerwynian army. It was a huge battle. Caerwyn just didn't have the chops to hold us back.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Uzamaki

Oh no! Iashurlur is going to break Asylon with their HUGE 5K mobile CS army!

Gustav Kuriga

Quote from: Uzamaki on June 01, 2012, 05:34:07 PM
Oh no! Iashurlur is going to break Asylon with their HUGE 5K mobile CS army!

5k by itself? not so scary. 5k forcing you into a two front war by attacking your flank? much scarier.

Glaumring the Fox

Feylonis

Walefshire fell because most of Caerwyn was under the impression that the militia there was good, trained militia. It wasn't, heh.

Also, in between the random 'war is coming' messages that have been flitting around Asylon, there were also masses of 'omg food' messages, and messages regarding the dismal state of Itau. It's not easy to tell where focus should be shifted first - food that everyone needs, a duchy that is certainly going to be a frontline, or a war which we were definitely confused about (war, peace, war again).

Glaumring the Fox

Halleria you are not on the military council. I can assure you they knew that the peace was not to last. Lets stop playing the irresponsible king card.

Gustav Kuriga

Quote from: Glaumring on June 01, 2012, 06:04:03 PM
Halleria you are not on the military council. I can assure you they knew that the peace was not to last. Lets stop playing the irresponsible king card.

Untrue, we thought you were declaring a viable ceasefire...

Uzamaki

Quote from: Gustav Kuriga on June 01, 2012, 06:10:17 PM
Untrue, we thought you were declaring a viable ceasefire...

Yeah, but you knew you were going to go after Asylon at some point. You just didn't expect war to be this quick and to be declared by them.

Glaumring the Fox

Exactly it was Kabrinskia and Astrums eventual plan to wipe out Terran and then attack Asylon and take the Itau duchy. We knew this for a long time and figured that if we lost Terran no one would be near enough to help us since we were the odd man out in the Astroist camp. We decided this was our chance to bloody some noses and fight a long side our only allies. The thing that annoyed Kabrinskia Astrum was that I wasnt following their plot and Asylon would never betray our friendship to Terran ever no matter the cost or state of the war. If Terran falls we will with it. If we succeed we will stand as an eternal bulwark in the midlands.

Gustav Kuriga

Quote from: Glaumring on June 01, 2012, 06:34:18 PM
Exactly it was Kabrinskia and Astrums eventual plan to wipe out Terran and then attack Asylon and take the Itau duchy. We knew this for a long time and figured that if we lost Terran no one would be near enough to help us since we were the odd man out in the Astroist camp. We decided this was our chance to bloody some noses and fight a long side our only allies. The thing that annoyed Kabrinskia Astrum was that I wasnt following their plot and Asylon would never betray our friendship to Terran ever no matter the cost or state of the war. If Terran falls we will with it. If we succeed we will stand as an eternal bulwark in the midlands.

Your paranoia's getting the best of you. Actually, we talked of becoming a mercenary realm. But go ahead, think what you like. It's not like I'm in the innermost council or anything.

Indirik

I can't decide if you are explaining all this IC or OOC...

Quote from: Glaumring on June 01, 2012, 06:34:18 PM
Exactly it was Kabrinskia and Astrums eventual plan to wipe out Terran and then attack Asylon and take the Itau duchy.
That *may* have been Kabrinskia's plan. But Astrum had no such plans.

OOC I did set up the borders of Kabrinskia in such a way that there were no written treaties specifying their borders. This was completely intentional as a player, but not as a character. It allowed for plenty of border disagreements and skirmishes for the new realm. I didn't want to lock the new realm into a situation where they could not expand without violating border treaties. What Kabrinskia chose to do with that was completely up to them. Astrum and Kabrinskia did not work together to plan any kind of war or conquest in any way.

QuoteWe knew this for a long time and figured that if we lost Terran no one would be near enough to help us since we were the odd man out in the Astroist camp.
Allison would have been more than happy to help you fight against Terran.

QuoteThe thing that annoyed Kabrinskia Astrum was that I wasnt following their plot and Asylon would never betray our friendship to Terran ever no matter the cost or state of the war.
No.... what annoyed Astrum was the Glaumring character's seeming insanity and unreliability. No one wants a neighbor that is wildly unpredictable, and likely to snap at any moment.

Well, plus the claims about Asyon being strong-armed into giving up claims on Mech Alb. Completely untrue.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Graeth

Quote from: Indirik on June 01, 2012, 06:45:45 PM

Well, plus the claims about Asyon being strong-armed into giving up claims on Mech Alb. Completely untrue.

I don't understand this one at all.  From our end Mech Alb and Elets were always agreed to Asylon.
Geg Family: Elshon (Bel)

Foundation

Can we please leave IC conflict IG and resolve them there?  Most posts on the last few pages do not belong on this !!OOC!! subforum.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.