Author Topic: War please.  (Read 86075 times)

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: War please.
« Reply #240: July 04, 2012, 02:07:10 AM »
I am not asking for you to just say there are a bunch of reasons, I would like to actually here your reasons for calling them a bunch of dishonourable cowards.

I didn't.

That was DamnTaffer. I could answer for Taffer, but I'm not even going to try.

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #241: July 04, 2012, 02:07:41 AM »
I am not asking for you to just say there are a bunch of reasons, I would like to actually here your reasons for calling them a bunch of dishonourable cowards.

I wouldn't worry about that, he is probably about to post a neverending tirade explaining how.

Also, I'm guessing your a Barcan?

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #242: July 04, 2012, 02:08:44 AM »

Also, I'm guessing your a Barcan?
D'haran actually.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #243: July 04, 2012, 02:09:41 AM »
How is the moot a bunch of dishonourable cowards?

Frankly this is the only post I"ve read in a bit, but how about this: They didn't want to fight the Zuma?
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #244: July 04, 2012, 02:12:37 AM »
I didn't.

That was DamnTaffer. I could answer for Taffer, but I'm not even going to try.

..Or not.

Well then, the answer to your question is obvious. Aurvandil went to war with Madina, whom were members of the moot. Madina is no longer with us. The moot didn't really help them.

Aurvandil went to war with Barca, whom were members of the moot, the moot doesn't seem to be helping them.

Everytime I think of the Moot now i just think of the poem "First they came"

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #245: July 04, 2012, 02:14:20 AM »
Frankly this is the only post I"ve read in a bit, but how about this: They didn't want to fight the Zuma?
My answer is, who does? Because really how do we know that because of Tom wanting them to be there he might allow the GM to just keep pumping out units of 10k cs even if game mechanics wise it shouldn't be possible. Plus they have perfect cooridination since its all the same guy controlling the units.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #246: July 04, 2012, 02:14:51 AM »
D'haran actually.

Then out of interest, why havn't you already attacked Aurvandil?

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #247: July 04, 2012, 02:15:04 AM »
..Or not.

Well then, the answer to your question is obvious. Aurvandil went to war with Madina, whom were members of the moot. Madina is no longer with us. The moot didn't really help them.

Aurvandil went to war with Barca, whom were members of the moot, the moot doesn't seem to be helping them.

Well, Madina did a good job of pissing of the 'Moot and having bad relations, they had people like Abbot as their chief progagandist after all, can't blame the 'Moot for not supporting them.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #248: July 04, 2012, 02:15:52 AM »
My answer is, who does? Because really how do we know that because of Tom wanting them to be there he might allow the GM to just keep pumping out units of 10k cs even if game mechanics wise it shouldn't be possible. Plus they have perfect cooridination since its all the same guy controlling the units.

Just because you'd lose a duel doesn't make turning down a challenge any less cowardly.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #249: July 04, 2012, 02:16:53 AM »

For the thrill, the challenge, and the bragging rights.

After all, if you win, you would hold the highest reputation of any realm on Dwilight, and you can R.P. stuffing Haktoo and keeping her stuffed body standing next to your Throne, or whatever you want.

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #250: July 04, 2012, 02:20:04 AM »
For the thrill, the challenge, and the bragging rights.

After all, if you win, you would hold the highest reputation of any realm on Dwilight, and you can R.P. stuffing Haktoo and keeping her stuffed body standing next to your Throne, or whatever you want.

If you defeated the Zuma you'd be more feared than Aurvandil. I mean really, Aurvandil are just men the Zuma are ...more

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #251: July 04, 2012, 02:21:33 AM »
If you defeated the Zuma you'd be more feared than Aurvandil. I mean really, Aurvandil are just men the Zuma are ...more

They're women.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #252: July 04, 2012, 02:23:27 AM »
..Or not.

As far as I know since I joined while Madina was basically already dead, Madina was only allied with 1 member of the moot, not a member of the moot and I thought I heard a good reason of why they didn't help Madina but I don't remember. For the Barcan war, I will not comment on whether or not they will be helping as I am not the leadership of Terran or D'hara so I don't know what they are planning though if they don't ever help in the war then I could see how you are calling them dishonourable cowards.
― G.K. Chesterton

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #253: July 04, 2012, 02:25:46 AM »
Just think of them as a decapitated corpse on our gate. They'd be like a "Mind the dog, trespassers you've been warned!" sign.

The problem with that is then who do you fight? Far better (from a purely OOC perspective) to leave your enemies alive to fight another day, otherwise you'll eventually have to turn on your allies/vassals in order to create conflict. This is the future that will probably confront SA at some point. I just hope the Dev team implements schism mechanics in time for us to epically implode and start killing each other  :)

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #254: July 04, 2012, 02:26:10 AM »
As far as I know since I joined while Madina was basically already dead, Madina was only allied with 1 member of the moot, not a member of the moot and I thought I heard a good reason of why they didn't help Madina but I don't remember. For the Barcan war, I will not comment on whether or not they will be helping as I am not the leadership of Terran or D'hara so I don't know what they are planning though if they don't ever help in the war then I could see how you are calling them dishonourable cowards.

If they were honourable and not cowards, there participation wuoldn't even be in question