Author Topic: Power Ranking Discussion  (Read 31989 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: Power Ranking Discussion
« Reply #30: June 23, 2012, 10:02:08 AM »
It is since I got the info if I recall on the forums but I haven't used it to effect my character in any way. If someone just though about how you posted it too they could figure it out. In character it might be public knowledge within Terran and Kabrinskia but I don't think outside of that.

I plan to leave it as such, and believe it should be that way.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: June 23, 2012, 06:24:42 PM »
Actually it makes perfect sense, if you know what's actually going on.

It makes no sense, if you know what's actually going on. My secret knowledge that I'm not going to tell anyone makes my argument more right than your secret knowledge that you're not going to tell anyone!

You'll forgive me if I'm rather skeptical of your arguments, especially since you have a tendency to base your estimations of "internal instability" in Asylon based purely on... well, nothing.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 06:27:03 PM by Daycryn »
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: June 23, 2012, 08:28:23 PM »
Not knowing too terribly much about the southwestern part of Dwilight, and hardly ever getting news from that area, my personal views on the continent are as such. I fully agree with Solari in that the three hegemonies are basically what it will boil down to before too terribly long.

1st Place - SA, until religious schisms/fractures are allowed
2nd Place - Lurias, because, well, we are amazing like that.
3rd Place - The 'moot. Which IMHO, will become exactly that. Moot.

Although, with the next few weeks being slower, we will see how strong the internal political bond of the Lurian Empire is. I'm sure the Halls will be abuzz with all sorts of slanderous and evil things. ;) not really, but you politicians are a pain to be sure.

* Woelfy wanders off to the Imperial War College and twiddles his thumbs idly.

Zakilevo

« Reply #33: June 23, 2012, 09:34:18 PM »
Once Asylon gets crushed and schism gets added I am sure things will change rapidly.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: June 24, 2012, 12:37:02 AM »
Remember when this thread was supposed to be about rankings, and less about Asylon v. Whomever?

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: June 24, 2012, 12:44:41 AM »
Remember when this thread was supposed to be about rankings, and less about Asylon v. Whomever?

Yea, those were good times...
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: June 24, 2012, 01:14:20 AM »
Then stop the constant spreading of bull!@#$ propaganda that I have to constantly correct. Never as a realm since its inception been more maligned and !@#$ talked than Asylon. And here we are a large kingdom, with many nobles and territory. Yet endlessly !@#$ talked on the forums, its unbelievable.
Glaumring, just shut up. They have been saying their opinion. If they think Asylon will be crushed then thats their thought. Its getting really old how whenever someone mentions the word Asylon you can't shut up about the dam war and how you guys will win against all odds because you guys are perfect, which sounds like propaganda to me. Now quit ranting about your realm in every single thread.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #37: June 24, 2012, 03:38:40 AM »
Epic lists, guys.  One of these days I'll collect together the rankings and make some sort of semblance of them and put up a unified ranking with a timestamp.  These are guaranteed to change.

Personally I'd rather only put realms on the list since they are the guaranteed blocs of power that will remain relevant long into the future, but I do agree with the analysis that right now certain blocs have very high cohesion.  I simply wonder how long it will take for communications to break down and realms to begin looking out for their own interest (realm-wide communication is most reliable). :)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: June 24, 2012, 05:49:35 AM »
It makes no sense, if you know what's actually going on. My secret knowledge that I'm not going to tell anyone makes my argument more right than your secret knowledge that you're not going to tell anyone!

You'll forgive me if I'm rather skeptical of your arguments, especially since you have a tendency to base your estimations of "internal instability" in Asylon based purely on... well, nothing.

Huh? Silverfire said something cryptic. Someone else said "That makes no sense". Except it does. If it doesn't make sense to you it's probably because you don't know something. The knowledge in question is not that secret but also not necessarily widespread. And I don't know what the hell you're talking about when it comes to Asylon. I don't recall having engaged in any such speculation recently.

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: June 24, 2012, 07:19:53 AM »
I have this feeling Asylon gets all the crap mainly because of who its ruler is. Anyway, for power rankings:

1 SA (including Libero)
2 Zuma
3 Auravandil
3 Luria
5 Asylon
4 Veinsormoot
5 Summerdale

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #40: June 25, 2012, 01:54:01 PM »
I looked only at the numbers, based on active characters, economical strength, food supply, and you could gain some points for political stability.
This is my list:

#1. Astrum
#2. Morek Empire
#3. Aurvandil

#4. Asylon
#5. D'Hara
#6. Terran
#7. Corsanctum
#8. Luria Nova
#9. Kabrinskia
#10. Solaria

And for those interested, the rest:
#11. Grand Duchy of Fissoa
#12. Luria Vesperi
#13. Libero Empire
#14. Iashalur
#15. Summerdale
#16. Barca
#17. Pian en Luries

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #41: June 25, 2012, 02:05:34 PM »
Note that the above is based on numbers alone. If everyone would reach its total potential, and use all their resources as efficient as possible.
The current military strength or relative military strength are not included in the ranking.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: June 26, 2012, 01:19:37 AM »
I looked only at the numbers, based on active characters, economical strength, food supply, and you could gain some points for political stability.
This is my list:

#1. Astrum
#2. Morek Empire
#3. Aurvandil

#4. Asylon
#5. D'Hara
#6. Terran
#7. Corsanctum
#8. Luria Nova
#9. Kabrinskia
#10. Solaria

And for those interested, the rest:
(nobody cares)

Estimating D'Hara on current military might is not a good indicator of our capacity. We made it a policy to recruit as little as possible so as to accumulate as much wealth as possible. We have lots of spare gold waiting for a reason to be spent, and lots of families who are really rich and have nowhere to invest in.

In any case, from what I've seen, I'd put

#1 Aurvandil
#2 Morek
#3 Astrum (having a crapload of regions doesn't make for an effective army)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Zakilevo

« Reply #43: June 26, 2012, 01:25:04 AM »
Estimating D'Hara on current military might is not a good indicator of our capacity. We made it a policy to recruit as little as possible so as to accumulate as much wealth as possible. We have lots of spare gold waiting for a reason to be spent, and lots of families who are really rich and have nowhere to invest in.

In any case, from what I've seen, I'd put

#1 Aurvandil
#2 Morek
#3 Astrum (having a crapload of regions doesn't make for an effective army)

Should host a tournament if you have so much gold!. >:(

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: June 26, 2012, 01:31:31 AM »
Should host a tournament if you have so much gold!. >:(

Meh, too far from everyone. In the middle of everyone means forever from everyone. Our only neighbors are the whales. The only attendants last time we hosted one were, I suspect, lost drunken sailors.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron