Author Topic: Power Ranking Discussion  (Read 31988 times)

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Power Ranking Discussion
« Reply #90: August 15, 2012, 01:24:32 AM »
Terran did win their war against Kabrinskia. Peace was made according to Terran's terms.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #91: August 15, 2012, 01:37:54 AM »
This is not about that. This is failure of their senate and leadership looking long term. They played chess on a board only looking to the next move, they failed to take into account the long game. Big deal they made peace with Kabrinskia. They lost their friendships and showed that Terran just cannot fight, thereby emboldening their enemies and showing that the moot is irrelevant. Bravo!

We live lives in beautiful lies...

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #92: August 15, 2012, 02:47:01 AM »
This is not about that. This is failure of their senate and leadership looking long term. They played chess on a board only looking to the next move, they failed to take into account the long game. Big deal they made peace with Kabrinskia. They lost their friendships and showed that Terran just cannot fight, thereby emboldening their enemies and showing that the moot is irrelevant. Bravo!

Amen to that!

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93: August 15, 2012, 02:49:28 AM »
So far as I can tell, they only lost their friendship with Asylon. And that was, by and large, your own fault. Terran actually gained prestige from both Kabrinskia and Astrum for making demands, and then fighting until they got them, then stopping.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #94: August 15, 2012, 05:01:29 AM »
I don't see how you rank Kabrinskia below Asylon in that, Velax. Even by Glaumring's own admission, Asylon is weaker currently. They lost nearly all their cities. And seeing as how we were holding them off when they had four cities, now that they're down to two cities they're going to be hard-pressed to make a come back.

I guess my inclusion of #3 was not enough to indicate my list was not to be taken 100% seriously.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #95: August 15, 2012, 05:28:51 AM »
I guess my inclusion of #3 was not enough to indicate my list was not to be taken 100% seriously.

I blame a cookie distracting me for that one...

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #96: August 15, 2012, 06:24:04 AM »
So far as I can tell, they only lost their friendship with Asylon. And that was, by and large, your own fault. Terran actually gained prestige from both Kabrinskia and Astrum for making demands, and then fighting until they got them, then stopping.

The difference is that Asylon did not want prestige, and a pat on the head. What we wanted was to be treated as equals. We fought a good fight against superior foes and we got a bloody nose, ultimately we showed that Asylon is not just going to be pushed or fold and I guarantee in the long term our attitude will be remembered as the one you want to be fighting beside.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #97: August 15, 2012, 06:57:36 AM »
I think Solaria is overly-ambitious and setting itself up for future betrayal due to its self-imposed dominance over the whole of the Lurias ;-) All that rises shall fall.

I think Asylon is a good nation and remain worthy allies but Glaumring is a self-righteous delirious nutjob who doesn't see he spread weakness and disease born of his own mistakes, upon which we faced a choice of either cutting off an infected limb in order to save the remnants or letting the entire body die. The only reason anything happened between Asylon-Terran in the negative sense is entirely due to Glaumrings IC, and sometimes just a utterly ridiculous OOC behavior. We never had a problem with Asylon itself, the problem was entirely with its leader utterly ruining the country through terrible diplomatic skill and bad management. You seem like a nice enough guy in OOC but you're serious deluded with some of the attitudes you portray IC and OOC, and my training and knowledge of psychology keeps pushing me toward the notion that you have deep-seated self-esteem and/or abandonment issues that make you hunger for a target for you to deviate attention, blame, and sense of guilt from yourself unto others because you despise !@#$ing up yet can't stop trying to accomplish what you believe must be done.

Don't take this as a psychological profile, I can't possibly give an accurate portrayal of someone's personality and internal stressors based on a set of incomplete behavioral patterns on a friggin' roleplaying game. :-P

I know for a fact that your IC issues stem from OOC stressors and something in your history for which you are consciously, or more than likely subconsciously, attempting to compensate via the manifestation of suck reckless heroics and self-elevation through adversity as the fateful martyr of northeastern Dwilight.

I honestly think you could do much with the assistance of a counselor. Hell, we all could. I'm a counselor myself and I need counseling for !@#$ sake :P To be honest, in a perfect world, every single human being would have  two or more counselors. We ALL need someone who is detached from our life so as to have no stake nor bias in either direction, experienced in the nuances and pragmatic truths of behavioral science, and both able and willing to offer an objective and unbiased look into your behavioral patterns(temporary and everchanging like weather) and overall personality (long-term and less flexible like climate), outline spikes in undesirable/harmful occurrences, and be the tool that will teach you self-sufficiency rather than stand as a pillar of stability - of which all are destined to fall.

It is better to teach a man to love himself, value what he has, and fight for what he believes is right, rather than be the sole object of a man's love or affection, allow him to value others before himself, or fight for the wants and needs of others rather than his own.

You're a good dude, Glaumring, and I really appreciate what you bring to the table. I just honestly think you should distance yourself from all the stressors that push you over the edge and allow yourself some time to contemplate what triggers  you, why, and how you react so that you can benefit in general and improve not only your ability to coherently roleplay, as our imaginary personality can only be as stable as our real personality, as well as your professional, intimate, and inter-personal relations.

The best thing you could ever have possibly done was give up your position as King. It was causing way too much stress and was the primary trigger of your woes... This might sound strange, but individuals may become addicted to the 'need', the feeling of being useful, necessary, powerful, or in a dangerous situation. Its the adrenaline rush of it all... I myself am guilty of being co-dependent as well as addicted to the rush of "martyrdom", in which you get yourself into !@#$ situations or allow !@#$ situations to manifest because you're confident you can get through them or feel the need to overcome them, or feel you're the best man for the job, when in reality its your brain satisfying its overbearing desire and addiction to those special little brain chemicals that make you feel the way you do...

I am terribly sorry if you feel uncomfortable or insulted by anything I said. For all I know you could be laughing right now as my assessment is as far from the truth as humanly possible, or you could quite literally be crying as you realize the truth of my words. Or you might just be wondering what the hell Ehndras is on about at 1 in the morning. Nonetheless, if you *do* wish to discuss this, or anything really, my inbox is always open and my arms and ears welcome to anyone who needs a helping hand, the reassurance of an honest friend, or the advice of someone who's been through hell, survived to tell the story, and dedicates his life to both ensuring that no one ever has to suffer through the hell I did, as well as caring for those who've gone through my journey and lost something along the way.

Take care of yourself, my friend.

(How the !@#$ did I get this off-topic? JEEZE.)
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #98: August 15, 2012, 08:22:26 AM »
This is not about that.

You keep making it about that when you say "Terran lost the war." Like, literally, it is EXTREMELY clear cut that Terran won the war. Terran wanted X, Y and Z, fought a war, and then got X, Y and Z. It is literally the definition of winning of a war.

If you want to argue Terran is incompetent, etc. etc. fine. Just stop saying they lost the damn Kabrinskian war.

Amen to that!

Dude, Kale used to love Shino. Now he basically despises him. I've never seen a relationship go from so good to so bad, so quickly lol.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #99: August 15, 2012, 08:35:07 AM »
If your definition of victory is setting the bar so low that even the ants of the earth must bow to pass under it then perhaps we will never come to a middle ground regarding the matter.

Regarding my recent councilling lol, I was under a lot of stress last month couple months, I started a new job in the oil/gas industry and was learning a lot of stuff and was far from home living in a hotel, working 12 hour days 6 or 7 days a week. So, yeah I was a bit manic. Since I had a month holiday, moved to a new city I am feeling much better... But... I am back at work doing night shifts for 12 hour shifts 6 days a week in an oil refinery in northern Alberta... So expect some more crazy over the next few weeks, because now Im possibly up here for 3 more months in camp in a jail cell sized room during the days... Oh what fun BM will have!

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #100: August 15, 2012, 03:28:31 PM »
Dude, Kale used to love Shino. Now he basically despises him. I've never seen a relationship go from so good to so bad, so quickly lol.

Yeah...

Shino. You love him or you hate him. He's hotheaded and crafty, and sometimes that is his undoing. I think he is going to have to step back from the whole 'moot removal stuff though. Part of this is just for flair because he really wants Vellos gone.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #101: August 15, 2012, 03:45:08 PM »
The difference is that Asylon did not want prestige, and a pat on the head. What we wanted was to be treated as equals. We fought a good fight against superior foes and we got a bloody nose, ultimately we showed that Asylon is not just going to be pushed or fold and I guarantee in the long term our attitude will be remembered as the one you want to be fighting beside.

moderator: removed personal attack.Honestly, until you went out of your way to provoke this conflict it's not like Astrum looked down on Asylon or thought much of it one way or the other. As for Kabrinskia, before I arrived it was run by Allison, so any insults or disrespect coming out of Kabrinskia then should have been expected, and, if you were wiser, ignored as obvious attempts to provoke you into doing exactly what you did.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 07:07:47 PM by egamma »

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #102: August 15, 2012, 05:52:33 PM »
Why woudl Aurvandil be weaker? Are they having food problems, too?

Terran's CS was actually briefly higher than theirs. Terran's army is the biggest it has ever, ever been.

Aurvandil has had food and control issues, secession, and we'll see if Fissoa does anything. Aurvandil is definitely weaker than in the past. Still very strong, but not as strong.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #103: August 15, 2012, 06:04:17 PM »
Courtiers don't contribute much CS. ;)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104: August 15, 2012, 08:44:05 PM »
Moderator moment: I have removed some of the more obvious flames, insults, and fluff. Keep it on topic and polite, please.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.