Author Topic: Predictions of the EC Wars  (Read 67890 times)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Predictions of the EC Wars
« Reply #45: April 01, 2011, 02:13:40 PM »
We'll see. Not much point predicting it now. Both sides have had their losses and victories. Ibladesh is not doing badly, but DoA is having a much harder time in return. Caligus is getting support from the North, but Nobles from the North (This is Ibladesh! We make our East our North if we want too ;)) might come to our aid as they flee for new Realms, which Ibladesh certainly has the gold for to support. Frankly, it can very much still go both ways. Only time will tell.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: April 01, 2011, 02:25:21 PM »
You do realize that Caligus is also fighting on two fronts, right?  And once your north/east (Will never understand why people call the east side of the island "north") side allies fall (Fontan), You're going to have a bit more trouble.  Especially if Sirion troops enter the fray, long march or not.

There's the theory that the allies of Ibladesh will flee to said theocracy should their realms fall, but...  What then?  Will you have the gold to supply them?  The manpower to raise armies?  Honestly?  It's highly unlikely.

Ibladesh at this point could support more than 100 nobles. Look at Sirion.. we are larger than them and command more military power. Of course we could support the nobles with estates, gold, and units. The more nobles, the more land Ibladesh will take over. Bring 3 nobles with you and I'll get you a lordship XD Unlike Westmoor, Ibladesh knows how to organize her armies and resrouces to truly fight a war and be effective.
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: April 01, 2011, 03:06:25 PM »
I agree that Ibladesh could definitely support quite a few more nobles. The gold is there, easily. As for adding more regions, I think Ibladesh is pretty close to the max it could easily support. It already has the nobles to support more land, but has several rogue regions it never bothered to take, despite a desperate need for more food.

As for the Ibladesh military... Well, Ibladesh has put their entire army against Caligus ever since the start of the war, and Caligus still owns Isadril and Hamadan. If Ibladesh's army was as good as you're claiming, then this war would have bee over a long time ago. The fact that it's not, is very telling. Ibladesh's military is OK, nothing special. No better or worse than just about any other.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: April 01, 2011, 03:14:38 PM »
As for the Ibladesh military... Well, Ibladesh has put their entire army against Caligus ever since the start of the war, and Caligus still owns Isadril and Hamadan. If Ibladesh's army was as good as you're claiming, then this war would have bee over a long time ago. The fact that it's not, is very telling. Ibladesh's military is OK, nothing special. No better or worse than just about any other.

I disagree, our military is very well organized, run, thought over, double checked, etc. What brings us down is the activity of some of our nobles lags our armies behind. The minds behind our strategies are some of the best on the continent, I would think. And you are wrong, our entire military has not been in Caligan lands as you have seen. Over 14k CS are clearly raiding Perdanese territory right now. If we put everything into Caligus right now we could destroy their army and run over Hamadan, but this is a harder war than just that.
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: April 01, 2011, 03:50:29 PM »
Yes, Ibladesh is currently raiding Perdan. That is a relatively recent development. (As is the fact that you actually beat us. Third time's the charm, eh?) Only in the past, what, two weeks? For the several months before that, Ibladesh didn't have a single noble helping DoA. So for several months you had all your forces attacking Caligus. Unless you just left a few armies at home on walkabout or something.

A good military plan accounts for the fact that you have inactive players and nobles that just won't move.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: April 01, 2011, 09:23:14 PM »
There's the theory that the allies of Ibladesh will flee to said theocracy should their realms fall, but...  What then?  Will you have the gold to supply them?  The manpower to raise armies?  Honestly?  It's highly unlikely.

Well, didn't Sirion hold out against most of the island under *exactly* those conditions? The nobles of OR fled to Sirion and then they held off Fontan, SoA, Westmoor, OI *and* Perdan at various times for years. I'm not saying would be conquering anyone under similar conditions, but eventually the alliance against Ibladesh would fall apart, just like the alliance against Sirion did, and I'd put the odds on them surviving.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: April 01, 2011, 09:35:21 PM »
Sirion has an amazingly excellent defensive location. They have fortified cities at the entrances to their backyard until you hit the very northern border: Avamar, Sirion, Sir Temple, and Parm. Plus Trinbar, the fortified townsland. In addition, the geography makes it so that Sirion has very short movement times to get to these regions, while the attackers had much longer travel times to go around and reach them from the outside. That's why for two years you saw "(Insert realm here) takes control of Obando/Dale/Tabost" repeated every other day.

It didn't help that Fontan's #1 strategy, that they insisted on trying over and over and over and over.... was to mass everything into one blob and throw it at Trinbar. They lose, everyone goes home to refit. For Sirion that's a half day move to their capital. For Fontan it's a two day trip. Westmoor/SoA: Three or four days.Perdan/OI it's a week or more. So Sirion refits in a day and is back on the attack before Fontan has even started to recruit.

I'm glad that Sirion finally managed to break the chain and take out Fontan city and Karbala. That's what they really needed to crack the war wide open.

Zakilevo

« Reply #52: April 01, 2011, 09:49:44 PM »
Yes. Sirion held off for so long because of many factors like geography of their cities and other things. They had many nobles as well but SoA and Fontan have more if you combine the both. On top of that nobles from Westmoor+OI+Perdan came to help their allies as well. (I remember marching toward Sirion when I had a char in Perdan. Had another char in Sirion. Funny how my chars tried to kill each other.)
Players in Sirion were very active too. I guess constant battles kept them going. The funny thing is even though Sirion is a republic, their gold distribution system works like a communist state.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #53: April 01, 2011, 09:59:24 PM »
Ibladesh at this point could support more than 100 nobles. Look at Sirion.. we are larger than them and command more military power. Of course we could support the nobles with estates, gold, and units. The more nobles, the more land Ibladesh will take over. Bring 3 nobles with you and I'll get you a lordship XD Unlike Westmoor, Ibladesh knows how to organize her armies and resrouces to truly fight a war and be effective.

Ibladesh:  81
Fontan:  56
Sultanate of Asena: 32
Diocese of Aix: 17

Throw in another 30 from Westmoor if Flaylen doesn't beg for forgiveness from its mother countries.

You think Ibladesh can support upwards of 216 nobles?  Most of whom probably won't have gold or units as they flee West.  Also, the more people you have, the less manageable logistics can become.  Can't amass the entire army in a single region, it'll devour all the food.  Lots of room for people to disobey orders, screw up directions, etc.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: April 01, 2011, 10:38:09 PM »
If you were properly controlling of oaths, Ibladesh could probably take at least 150 nobles. There was a time when Perdan had 177. Abington had 183. So, yeah, Ibby could probably do 150.

Man, those were some serious war machines back then...

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: April 01, 2011, 10:52:55 PM »
Good old times!

Oh man, we've turned into old people ;D

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: April 01, 2011, 11:11:56 PM »
I wish I had seen those days. Being General would have been a BLAST! Unfortunately, it's allabout seceding and having your own realm these days rather than unity.

Zakilevo

« Reply #57: April 02, 2011, 12:18:26 AM »
Ah Abington. When I joined Abington, Redspan has just been destroyed. After that, Abington slowly died as well. Hate CE for that:(.
Whenever I join a realm in Atamara, they usually die. Abington and Falasan.. sigh.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #58: April 02, 2011, 01:51:49 AM »
Ah Abington. When I joined Abington, Redspan has just been destroyed. After that, Abington slowly died as well. Hate CE for that:(.
Whenever I join a realm in Atamara, they usually die. Abington and Falasan.. sigh.

???

So, EC...North Sirion and South Ibladesh...yeah....

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #59: April 02, 2011, 04:44:38 AM »
I wish I had seen those days. Being General would have been a BLAST! Unfortunately, it's allabout seceding and having your own realm these days rather than unity.

Heh.  Speaking as the guy who was the General of Abington for a time before RedSpan fell, and having been in the Abington war machine before then, it was much, much, much more fun just being in the machine.  Probably spent four hours a day just working on General stuff, and waking up at odd hours to get scout reports, issue orders...Blech.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"