Author Topic: Predictions of the EC Wars  (Read 67901 times)

songqu88@gmail.com

Re: Predictions of the EC Wars
« Reply #60: April 02, 2011, 11:38:57 AM »
Hm, being unable to sleep one night because I was wondering whether my hero's cavalry charge into a bunch of undead would lead to his death? Oh yeah, and that was when Fontan still owned Greatbridge.

I think Jared gained the most H/P and fought the most battles, even as my very first character, and even though he didn't say much (Even if he did he would have been drowned out in the hundreds of daily messages back then), and just went around fighting, the neat part was, winning battles all the time made the positions/wealth/etc meaningless in my mind.

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: April 05, 2011, 03:53:40 AM »
*chuckles* I love how everyone keeps talking about Westmoor's not doing anything.  I don't suppose anyone has figured out exactly why yet, but I'll give you a hint.  There are a few rather large stock-piles of gold.  If someone did the accounting they'd see that Westmoor has been fighting with a sizeable chunk of its income not being thrown into the fight.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: April 05, 2011, 05:29:01 AM »
*chuckles* I love how everyone keeps talking about Westmoor's not doing anything.  I don't suppose anyone has figured out exactly why yet, but I'll give you a hint.  There are a few rather large stock-piles of gold.  If someone did the accounting they'd see that Westmoor has been fighting with a sizeable chunk of its income not being thrown into the fight.

Good point. What are they waiting for.. allies to die so they can take the brute force of Sirion on instead? Great thinking..
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Zakilevo

« Reply #63: April 05, 2011, 05:33:07 AM »
lol They might try to bribe Sirion to survive. After all if their allies die, they will feel the wrath of their mother realms like Perdan for their betrayal.

Woelfen

• Knight
  • Falling awake
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: April 05, 2011, 11:11:20 AM »
I know at least one Caligan wants to see the death of Westmoor eventually. Maybe they should've been more careful with who they tortured.

*innocent whistle*

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #65: April 05, 2011, 12:27:06 PM »
lol They might try to bribe Sirion to survive. After all if their allies die, they will feel the wrath of their mother realms like Perdan for their betrayal.
Both Perdan and Caligus are our parent realms, amusingly. 

I know at least one Caligan wants to see the death of Westmoor eventually. Maybe they should've been more careful with who they tortured.

*innocent whistle*
Er...  By who?  o.O

Woelfen

• Knight
  • Falling awake
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: April 06, 2011, 04:39:47 AM »
I won't name any names, as it's going to be a huge IG surprise and RP when it happens. God's willing.

8)

Zakilevo

« Reply #67: April 06, 2011, 04:40:51 AM »
I am guessing it is you?  ;)

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #68: April 06, 2011, 07:40:43 AM »
Hehe Caligus got all OOC pissed off at spies in their realm. Which is ironic because they have spies in Ibladesh, too  ::)
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: April 07, 2011, 03:26:33 AM »
Good point. What are they waiting for.. allies to die so they can take the brute force of Sirion on instead? Great thinking..

Who is to say that Sirion really wants to fight Westmoor?  They're not technically at war.  Also don't forget Gregor blew close to 3600 gold on that tournament for his 90th birthday.  That's 3 days of 100% taxes of his city, for comparisons sake or close to a full month if he got the whole share.

MaleMaldives

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #70: April 07, 2011, 08:51:21 AM »
Obviously this is coming from me having a character in Westmoor, and may potentially give away strategic information. Westmoor may be pathetic except it is not in the sense of the players going around being idiots, but that there are hardly any nobles that can respond to orders in time. There are less then 30 nobles in the realm, about 20 in the army, and about 10 or less that can show up to places on time. So there aren't many options to do stuff when you army is limited by a small random amount of players that can play on time and going up against an army about 3x the size. This was caused by a long time of infighting that slowly dwindled it's active players. So yes it is correct to say Westmoor is pathetic, but I hope you don't say in the sense of insulting the players that are trying their best with limit resources.

Zakilevo

« Reply #71: April 08, 2011, 05:07:05 AM »
That is one thing bad about a small realm. Just not enough people. Even in Sirion, some number of people do not become TLs. Most of them get reassigned to do other more simpler work.

Woelfen

• Knight
  • Falling awake
    • View Profile
« Reply #72: April 13, 2011, 04:58:49 AM »
So yes it is correct to say Westmoor is pathetic, but I hope you don't say in the sense of insulting the players that are trying their best with limit resources.

By no means MaleMaldives. I do not intend to insult the players in any way. Small realms with a limited player base are just extremely hard to keep alive when fighting giants. Unless Westmoor manages to rally in some kind of David Vs. Goliath situation, I feel they are genuinely doomed. It's nothing against the players at all. Just an IC hatred between one of my characters and one in Westmoor.

Zakilevo

« Reply #73: May 02, 2011, 08:26:01 PM »
Perdan is doing great. Finishing off DoA now huh. And Caligus is somehow pushing back. What is happening with Ibladesh? I mean how are they suddenly losing the war.

Woelfen

• Knight
  • Falling awake
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: May 02, 2011, 10:17:13 PM »
Caligus elected a new General. That might have something to do with it. Increased co-ordination between Perdan and Caligus has been helping as well.