Author Topic: A Matter Of Honour // This-Is-How-You-Declare-War.  (Read 75538 times)

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
This isn't really about what I consider religious. It's your realm, and your rules. I'm asking you about your rules, not my viewpoints. You say "we simply don't allow unauthorised religious buildings in Aurvandil". Therefore, you already define authorised and unauthorised religious buildings. I would like to know Aurvandil's definitions of authorised and unauthorised.
Well, yeah, you kinda have. You may not have said the exact words "Aurvandil hereby declares war on religion", but you said pretty much the same thing. (This took me a while to find, running through my old saved junk...)

Is it any wonder that people all over the island (most of whom have probably seen all these by now) believe that Mendicant has declared war on religion? You declared flat out that you doubt the existence of gods, that they are cheap facsimiles of yourself, that you want to destroy the very concept of religion, that you have and will abolish its very existence, etc., etc. ... So, no, I don't have any quotes from Mendicant saying "I declare war on religion". But I have enough other things that convince me, and pretty much everyone who's seen these, that Mendicant has, in fact, declared war on religion even though he hasn't used the word "war".

Well that's just it, Mendicant hasn't so much declared war on religion as he's said "I won't let it enter my realm" which is completely different, to say he's declared war on religion would imply he actually intends to... fight a war against religion. Where at current he doesn't even need to do that, there is no war and no conflict involved, nor is there isn't an agenda in Aurvandil to do so, we simply uphold our current state of not-having-a-religion in Aurvandil.

It's on the same line as Aurvandil saying "We currently have no Republicans in Aurvandil, and we won't accept Republicans into the Commonwealth" being taken as "Aurvandil declares war on all Republics everywhere".

I don't think Mendicant is the type to care what other people think. He's quite arrogant, after all, and supremely self-confident.

This.

Though, Mendicant takes the time not to care about other realms religions, it's a shame the same disinterest isn't afforded to Aurvandil.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 06:44:31 PM by NoblesseChevaleresque »