Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Succession Fort—Angnomal, "Redstaff"  (Read 59754 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
OK, so this is going to be the thread for at least the initial setup of our DF succession game.

I'll lay out what seems reasonable to me, and we can haggle till we can all agree on something ;)

• Each "turn" will be one year, spring to spring.
  • Those wishing to sign up should make themselves known on this thread ASAP. Unless there is strong objection to it, I would like to be the one to start off the fort.
  • Each overseer must write, at minimum, a summary report of what happened during each season.  I will attempt to set the tone for such reports with my initial year, based on my readings of previous succession forts.
  • No intentional sabotage of the fort—that means no "drunken" overseers commanding everyone to do nonsensical things, no suicide charges against a siege (assuming there's any reason to believe the siege can be survived), no induced tantrum spirals, no digging down to unleash Hell in year 3...  Silly stuff is permitted, stuff that is less than efficient but makes IC sense is permitted—basically, just don't be a jerk.  Losing is Fun, but deliberately losing breaks the fun for everyone else.
  • Forks are permitted, if someone really wants to take the fort in a totally different direction from a particular saved game; they just won't be considered "canon."
  • The world is generated, see this post for the parameters used.
  • The initial embark has been chosen based on the group's desired characteristics, and is being vetted.

Initial images of the embark area:

Full size (Warning: 3456x3456 pixels, very large!):
Z-level -1, showing the locations of the river and pools
Z-level 0, showing the location of the wagon, the volcano, and the mountains

80% Smaller (691x691 pixels):
Z-level -1, showing the locations of the river and pools
Z-level 0, showing the location of the wagon, the volcano, and the mountains

Initial list of overseers:
  • Zulban 'Anaris' Ducimonol, expedition leader
  • Zeneg 'Indirik' Tangathkilrud, miner
  • ^ban^
  • Adil 'Foundation' Inalnish, farmer
  • Bembul 'LGMAlpha' Saramathel, butcher
  • Ducim 'Telrunya' Nishabod, hunter
  • DoctorHarte
  • Iltaran

Unclaimed starting dwarves:
Kivish Bufutsibrek: Novice Wood Cutter, Competent Carpenter, Novice Wood Crafter, Novice Stone Crafter, Novice Bone Carver
Vabok Rullokum: Novice Mason, Adequate Fish Dissector, Competent Fish Cleaner, Competent Fisherdwarf

If anyone objects to the order, it's open for negotiation.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 03:13:49 PM by Anaris »
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan