Author Topic: Haktoo?  (Read 32408 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Haktoo?
« Reply #15: July 16, 2012, 01:26:15 AM »
Second, no one stated the theocracies are at war with Terran.

What I personally stated is that making Terran a majority SA player is a good method to ensure the astrocracies don't hammer down on Terran in the future when it becomes of strategic importance to do so. I was discussing this as a member of Terran with fellow Terran lords, specifically with and regardling Lords Vellos and Perth, as a fellow Lord of Terran, on a thread I myself created and in no way involves you or Kabrinskia.

I understand that you are having a difficult time; that is unfortunate.

But please do not take it out on people on the forums. That is not appropriate.

And my apologies, Perth and Vellos, for the outburst.

Also, Vellos, you misunderstand what I mean, I think. Its obvious Terran is SA-friendly, I'm not debating that. I was referencing more toward a state of hypothetical SA dominance in the Terran religious field which has yet to occur as far as I'm aware.

SA had almost half of Terran's nobles a while back before Triunism was founded. Personally, both IC and OOC, I'd prefer to see SA dominate Terran, or Verdis Elementum, I don't care which. Triunism is boring. It has no connection to other realms; it's become practically the definition of a boring realm-specific political religion. SA and VE are both religions that really use the religion game the way it should be used.

Out of curiosity, has Terran always been evenly split? Its almost as if it was done on purpose! Which would be genius, of course, guaranteeing a healthy dose of religious schism while keeping things stable and healthy. If not, then I guess things just worked out in a very interesting way.

No. Historically, and even now, Terran is more Triunist than Astroist. That might have something to do with the fact that Triunist lords tend to be corrupt and cronyistic, lol. i.e. Hireshmont's open gold-for-conversion scheme he had running for a while for new nobles back when he was duke of Chesney.

See, historically, Chesney has been the seat of the Triunist political elite, and the ruler has been Astroist. By converting to Astroism, Hireshmont simply preserved the long-standing balance of power.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 03:29:16 PM by egamma »
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner