Author Topic: Provisions?  (Read 14978 times)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Provisions?
« Reply #45: August 14, 2012, 09:25:03 AM »
I think this is to prevent everyone to stay at the city forever.

Nonsense.

As long as the region you are in does not suffer from starvation, there is absolutely no effect from provisions. If the city isn't starving, you can stay in it forever.

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: August 16, 2012, 04:00:20 PM »
Actually, I have a character who accumulated 50% provisions and then moved into a region that was not producing food but had sufficient food stored and my provisions are now at 10%.  Is that a bug?  I have not entered a starving region.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: August 16, 2012, 05:00:54 PM »
Actually, I have a character who accumulated 50% provisions and then moved into a region that was not producing food but had sufficient food stored and my provisions are now at 10%.  Is that a bug?  I have not entered a starving region.
Sounds like a bug to me.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: August 16, 2012, 05:27:08 PM »
Sounds like 2 bugs to me: one that they used provisions at all, and the other that they used so much.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Alpha

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: August 16, 2012, 07:04:00 PM »
Nonsense.

As long as the region you are in does not suffer from starvation, there is absolutely no effect from provisions. If the city isn't starving, you can stay in it forever.

So I'm assuming that I shouldn't be eating my provisions if I'm in a non-starving friendly city?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: August 16, 2012, 07:07:29 PM »
So I'm assuming that I shouldn't be eating my provisions if I'm in a non-starving friendly city?

You shouldn't be eating your provisions if you're in a non-starving region of any type.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: August 16, 2012, 07:34:18 PM »
Sounds like 2 bugs to me: one that they used provisions at all, and the other that they used so much.
The rate is likely about right, it has been probably 2 or3 days.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: August 16, 2012, 08:09:35 PM »
The rate is likely about right, it has been probably 2 or3 days.

Ah, I thought you meant it went down to 10% in one day.

If it's been 2-3 days, then yes, that's about right.
Timothy Collett

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: August 19, 2012, 06:44:18 AM »

Its still happening, at least on EC and BT.

EC: Enter Semall (city) with 80% provisions, at full turn it becomes 60%

BT: Enter Wudenkin at today morning turn, same thing.

I must assert that none of them were starving or going hungry.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.