Author Topic: How patient should I be?  (Read 18738 times)

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: How patient should I be?
« Reply #30: August 20, 2012, 05:46:30 AM »
You'd already broken one peace treaty. Why would we trust you to keep to another?

Uhm... Then why suggest it in the first place? Or are you saying Arcaea merely suggested it to make us weaken ourselves in the process? Arcaea suggested a treaty, and when Arcachon goes out of the way to uphold it's terms, you attack anyway. Thats the textbook definition of backstabbing.

We executed the one infiltrator that started the war by attacking us during peacetime. You executed several Arcaeans,

This is the first time I'm hearing that executing an infilitrator in war is worse than doing so in peace.   ::)

We killed your assassins, you killed ours. There is no difference. Hell, we were more lenient than Arcaea was, we deported two infils who just returned to Arcaea and went at us again. After that point, we were just obliged to put them down permanently. Arcaea just had a larger population of assassins and killers (Arcaeans seem to have a natural affinity towards it) who paid the price. After Herumen, Arcachon never stooped to using assassins.

you tortured pretty much any Arcaean you got your hands on. You burned any possible peaceful resolution with that.
Shinya tortured Breonna the traitor, and one other guy who's name I have forgotten.  Thats the extent of the torture in Arcachon. Hardly "pretty much every Arcaean". Later, Shinya committed ritual suicide as penance.

The "Arcaean hero" didn't execute his own nobles. You did, just because they were on the wrong side of the rebellion and couldn't get away quick enough. That's cold by anyone's standards.

All this time you have been saying that the length of the civil war, and the fact that there were repeat rebellions indicted us as as traitors and untrustworthy. But as I pointed out, your spy confessed to being the one responsible for keeping the rebellions happening! The same guy who is a hero in Arcaea.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell