Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Werewolf Forum Game, General Discussion

Started by Barek (jerm), August 23, 2012, 09:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indirik

I figured he was a good guy. His story didn't make any sense if he was a bad guy. The problem was trying to spin that to make it seem like his story made no sense even *while* he was a bad guy.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Cren

Hey Barek, I want to host Werewolf V, I mean Supernatural: The Hunt.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Velax

What happened to Werewolf IV? Did you skip one because yours doesn't start for a while?

I'll host Werewolf IV, if there's interest. It'll be No PMs, as I mentioned in the last one I hosted.

D'Espana

I hope this trend goes on for a long time. I'll probably be in most games, provided I'm able to pay them the needed attention.
D'Espana Family

Cren

I don't want to cause misunderstanding, but I won't be available before 19 due to exams. As Werewolf III is bound to end in a few days, someone would host Werewolf IV in that time. So I give my name for hosting Werewolf V.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

Fury

Start up Werewolf IV quick, Velax - I need my fix  8)

Velax

Werewolf IV - The Heist is up and ready for players. It's a "No PM" game, as mentioned previously.

I'm going to keep the games I host relatively simple. Barek and Cren will host the ones with multiple teams of Bad Guys, lots of traits, etc, while in my games, for now at least, we'll play with just one Bad Guy Team, no traits and just the basic roles (which includes Sage and Guardian Angel).

Lefanis

Sleeper role should be revised. It's confusing.

--
Sleeper: Works with the Bad Guys, and wins if the Bad Guys win.  If attached, the Sleeper learns the identity of a Bad Guy master at game start, and that Bad Guy knows the Sleeper's identity in turn.  Sleepers may attach themselves and become members of a Pack if both they and a member of that pack send a PM to the Game Moderator requesting to do so.  Such a PM cannot be revoked.

Recruiter: This Bad Guy may scan one player per Night to see if that player is a Sleeper.  All others will appear as regular Sailors.  Will not reveal whether attached or not.
--

Both these are contradictory. One suggests the sleeper knows who the bad guy master is. But then why have the recruiter at all...

It would be cool if the sleeper could scan one or two times in a game.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Velax

I assume it means that Sleepers can start the game attached or unattached. If attached they know who one of the Bad Guys is. If unattached, they'll have to wait to be contacted by a Recruiter or try to figure out who the Bad Guys are themselves.

It's not clear, though, what happens to a Sleeper that remains unattached at game end. Do they still win if the Bad Guys do? What if there's more than one Bad Guy Team? Do they win if either Bad Guy Team wins? And if unattached, who do they count toward for parity?

Barek (jerm)

Even when attached they don't count toward parity for Bad Guys (in my version).  And I suppose an unattached sleeper who makes it till the end game is not considered to have 'won'.   Their job is to link up with the Bad Guys.
You should take everything I say with a grain of salt.  But I'm not a werewolf.  Really.

Cren

I think there shouldn't be any attached sleepers at the game start, the bad guy master and sleeper know each other and would quickly intregate into the pack, no point if they become pack mates from night 0.

Telrunya

Then approaching the Sleeper is 'riskfree' in the beginning of the game, as he cannot be attached (especially first night the chance that two recruiters scan the same sleeper is very low). Keeping the possibility open makes it more risky to approach him, the trait can be just a trap to lure the other pack to reveal itself.

Indirik

Also, the sage can't identify a sleeper. So the sage has less to find. It spreads the information around more, preventing one person from gaining complete knowledge.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Ketchum

Quote from: Indirik on September 04, 2012, 01:52:46 AM
Also, the sage can't identify a sleeper. So the sage has less to find. It spreads the information around more, preventing one person from gaining complete knowledge.
Next game we will have more room for claim and counterclaim. One person claim Sage/Innocent, another person claim the same thing :P
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Cren

Gaah! No new recruits the past two days. I really would love to see Barek, Velax, Ross and Telrunya on Werewolf V. Then we can have a total of 13 players.