Author Topic: Newbie Character Count  (Read 15183 times)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Character Count
« Reply #15: September 25, 2012, 12:08:32 PM »
Our new player problem is indeed quite dificult to solve.
I managed to convince quite a few people into playing but most of them stopped.
The main problem i see is that they don't quickly grasp the idea of progress in the game that is so unqie to BM.
In most games people are told what there goals are so the gamer can be creative inf idning a way to reach that goal.
In BM you have to make up your own goals and then try to reach them threw interaction with other players.

Most players that started the game just couldnt change there thinking and couldnt make up a goal for there characters.

That is why i believe we could use some sort of helpline during the first month(s) that will guide the player in characterizing there characters and family more and setting goals who they will reach and gain some extra H/p for.
Thegame could first start with guiding the character to recruit a decent unit, join an army, get an estate fight some battles  against monsters undead and humans. and from there it could help the player choose a career, military, economic, religious, administrative, the guide would then further suggest goals and ways of reaching those goals.
(example: economic firsts tep could be to try and become a steward, change class and get a few trades at last the guide suggest the player to perhaps look for becoming just rich or also pwoerful as banker)
This way all the wiki help files could be givin to the player exactly when he needs them and when he will most likley want to read it with focus.
It also helps a player stay motivated and truly get to know the game before it quites.

This system will also welcome players more, as the game keeps helping the player and motivating the player.
At the same time, the new message system could be useful to help new players in specific quistions and offcourse the so valuable personal expirience from an old BM character with knowledge.

Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog