Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

[Forum Game] Werewolf VII: The Empire Strikes Back

Started by Ketchum, September 12, 2012, 05:15:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penchant

Quote from: Slapsticks on September 19, 2012, 05:58:31 AM
Why? If you're townie, you should vote. If you don't, you let the baddies choose.
He doesn't like to vote on the first day because he has little to no good evidence on the first day and thus feels bad voting for a likely innocent.
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
― G.K. Chesterton

Lefanis

Quote from: Slapsticks on September 19, 2012, 05:58:31 AM
Why? If you're townie, you should vote. If you don't, you let the baddies choose.

I don't agree. I am not choosing on day one, but the other good guys are. If all the good guys decide to randomly point their finger at someone else, just knowing that they are good and nothing else, it's not of much use to the townies, because the bad guys would likely be doing the same. Someone has to sit back and look how the others are voting, to try and figure out which of the others might be the good guys, and then vote with them.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Ketchum

OFFICIAL VOTE (Deadline PAST)

Cren[5]: Barek Jerm 'Hoth Stormtrooper'(53),  Fury(55), Zakilevo(62), Slapsticks(66), Penchant(68)

Fury[2]: Lanyon(27), D Espana(38)

Zakilevo[1]: Velax(64)

Not Voted: Cren, Lefanis
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Ketchum

Day 1

Fingers were pointed, shouts were let out. The council, which once had been united in their struggle against the Empire, now displayed a remarkable indecisiveness.
Fury reasoning that noone among the Rebel Heroes will want to kill their own, unless in his own word,  pure sign of wanting to kill off the rebels as fast as possible.
D'Espana furry roar, wondering who among the Council could have done such heinous crime assassinating their own Council member.
Barek the self-admitted Hoth Storm Trooper on the rebel side keeps try to convince the other Council members that he is Hoth Stormtrooper disgusted with the Empire and on their side.

But it was clear that someone had to pay for the slain Jedi.
Cren, Jedi(Seer) would not defend himself, his face pale and his quiet does not help his case defense against mounting accusations.
He does not want to hurt his fellow Rebel fighters who have been fighting alongside him against the Empire.
So when all the Rebel Heroes come to take his life, he does not offer much resistance.
He has a sorrowful look of his mission unaccomplished on his face though. One wonder why he is so sad.

After he was blasted by his fellow Rebel Heroes, D'Espana feeling anguish because his choice is not Cren.
D'Espana anguish roar broke open the slain Cren treasure chest.
The Rebel Heroes are stunned to discover a Jedi saber and a Master Jedi robe inside. Cren was a Jedi!

Tragically it soon became apparent that imperial agents aren't chosen for their ability to be universally disliked. The enemy was still out there.

During the night, although a restless one for many in the council, Fury with his Force potential, he senses something amiss.
Now all he has to do, is wait Jedi(Seer) to take him in as Padawan, a Jedi Apprentice.
But alas he cannot wait anymore. While everyone wake up to another morning, Fury no longer able to see another day.

Cren, Jedi(Seer) was lynched.
Fury, Rebel Hero (Villager) / Padawan the villager was hunted.

Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).

Norrel

Quote from: Lefanis on September 19, 2012, 06:20:55 AM
I don't agree. I am not choosing on day one, but the other good guys are. If all the good guys decide to randomly point their finger at someone else, just knowing that they are good and nothing else, it's not of much use to the townies, because the bad guys would likely be doing the same. Someone has to sit back and look how the others are voting, to try and figure out which of the others might be the good guys, and then vote with them.

Wrong. You should be voting because, guess what, a decent portion of people are like you. If more than one person does what you do, town loses. Automatically. If you're town, you need to vote for someone.

Besides, scumhunting is best done when there's some actual discussion/arguments/accusations getting thrown around. Standing back and doing nothing and contributing nothing is called coasting and it's a massive scumtell in my mind, since you're actively inhibiting the one thing town actually has.

Vote Lefanis

I would contend that you were perfectly down with doing nothing because you knew that the Cren lynch wasn't a threat and you didn't want to make enemies by voting for someone else or be accused as scum should Cren actually die.

Besides which, if we're in the policy of evicting dead weight, there's nothing better than evicting someone who's doing it on purpose.
"it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings."
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Velax

Wow. We got screwed two ways - both by having a silent Seer, and that we lynched him. Not a fantastic start.

Zakilevo

Lefanis

Quote from: Slapsticks on September 19, 2012, 07:12:29 AM
Wrong. You should be voting because, guess what, a decent portion of people are like you. If more than one person does what you do, town loses. Automatically. If you're town, you need to vote for someone.

Besides, scumhunting is best done when there's some actual discussion/arguments/accusations getting thrown around. Standing back and doing nothing and contributing nothing is called coasting and it's a massive scumtell in my mind, since you're actively inhibiting the one thing town actually has.

No. I am simply following a strategy that has held me in good stead over the past couple of games- prevent double lynching on day one, and try and figure out who the bad guys are on the basis of their actions.

Quote from: Lefanis on September 13, 2012, 03:40:07 PM
I shan't vote for now unless there is some decent evidence against someone. However, I shall vote to prevent a double lynch.

I trust you all remember who the real bad guys were, and who unmasked them.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Ketchum

OFFICIAL VOTE

Lefanis[2]: Slapsticks(79), Zakilevo(81)

Not Voted: Lanyon, D'Espana, Lefanis, Velax, Barek Jerm 'Hoth Stormtrooper', Penchant

Fury

Targetted again, I think I'm getting some kind of message  ;D

Here's a message in return to all Imperial bootlickers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8RCQDDsMpU

Cren

Great, got lynched before even getting online. Never thought VII would begin before VI starts. Anyway good luck on your quest.

P.S</>- Werewolf VI, i.e, Supernatural: The Hunt would begin today.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Fury

It's STAR WARS.

IV, V, VI started before I, II, III  ::)

Ketchum

Quote from: Cren on September 19, 2012, 05:23:56 PM
Great, got lynched before even getting online. Never thought VII would begin before VI starts. Anyway good luck on your quest.

P.S</>- Werewolf VI, i.e, Supernatural: The Hunt would begin today.
>
Opssie, they choose you :(

Velax

I still VOTE ZAKILEVO. His multiple vote switches yesterday still seem suspicious.

Lefanis

Quote from: Zakilevo on September 19, 2012, 07:36:10 AM
Sigh... Not this again.

VOTE LEFANIS

Quote from: Zakilevo on September 19, 2012, 04:49:49 AM
Let's kill Cren then.

UNVOTE FURY
VOTE CREN

Quote from: Zakilevo on September 19, 2012, 04:34:29 AM
Unvote Barek

VOTE FURY

Quote from: Zakilevo on September 18, 2012, 06:22:25 PM
VOTE BAREK

Vote Zakilevo.

Never bothered justifying his random votes or frequent flip flops. That smells of bad guy to me.