Author Topic: New War Predictions  (Read 159069 times)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
Re: New War Predictions
« Reply #270: January 10, 2013, 05:37:13 PM »
I guess most of Sirion is human. I believe there aren't many of the old elves left.

yes but the realm is proud of it and honors them.
I believe many nazis would agree that if you harbor the jew your just as guilty ;)

But a good point has been made, what is the church of humanities chance on elves and are elves more or less then humans, and can they also be nobles?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 05:38:48 PM by Nosferatus »
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #271: January 10, 2013, 06:26:59 PM »
The Church of Humanity's stance is little known (still writing our creation of the world story).  However, it essentially goes that after the Divine gave life to humanity, the beings who would eventually become daimons attempted to do the same, resulting in monsters, then the elves.  Because they weren't created by the Divine, they had no spark of the Light inside them.  No soul.

Therefore they are soulless daimon-spawn.  Not all have been historically evil, but they are tainted by their own ego and history.

As they are not Divine-created, they have no inherent right to rule, but that doesn't necessarially disqualify them from being fair and just rulers.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #272: January 10, 2013, 06:32:57 PM »
The Church of Humanity's stance is little known (still writing our creation of the world story).  However, it essentially goes that after the Divine gave life to humanity, the beings who would eventually become daimons attempted to do the same, resulting in monsters, then the elves.  Because they weren't created by the Divine, they had no spark of the Light inside them.  No soul.

Therefore they are soulless daimon-spawn.  Not all have been historically evil, but they are tainted by their own ego and history.

As they are not Divine-created, they have no inherent right to rule, but that doesn't necessarially disqualify them from being fair and just rulers.

So in the eyes of CoH, Sirion is disgusting?
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #273: January 10, 2013, 06:34:34 PM »
If you ask Erik, an elf, of course he will say that he is far superior. In fact, he changed  some beautiful insults with Jor. And obviously, to the Sacred Grove the genesis is completely different.

The Flow used to call Erik "The Blood Elf". They lost and now Erik have Braga and Krimml. Face the Church of Humanity will be very fun. Especially regarding the vision he has of a human religion favoring the weak and defenseless... a weak characteristic of humans, in his vision. Just another Flow ;)
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #274: January 10, 2013, 07:01:43 PM »
Of course daimon-spawn believe they're superior.  All creatures with evil in place of their hearts tend to.

Then again, you only joined in 2006...  So you're not even a real elf.  Just some human whose parents were so depraved they mutilated your ears!

And no, Nosferatus.  Sirion isn't viewed by the CoH as disgusting.  It's viewed as disgusting by all right-thinking noblemen for being a vile Republic!

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #275: January 10, 2013, 07:04:03 PM »

The White Tree holds a similar vision up to a point. They believe Ora created humans and is the source of moral goodness, however, they hold a much different, much more positive view of elves. Back in the day, there was some talk of the old Holy Sacred Grove and the Order joining and combining their theories of the Holy Father, Elune, and Ora, but that never materialized. I prefer old Holy Sacred Grove, but the new one is much more dynamic.

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #276: January 10, 2013, 07:05:13 PM »
Then again, you only joined in 2006...  So you're not even a real elf.  Just some human whose parents were so depraved they mutilated your ears!

As far as I know, Sirion is the only realm allowed to have Elves, and it is regardless of join date and character creation time frame.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #277: January 10, 2013, 07:14:08 PM »
The only elves that exist in BattleMaster are those that were grandfathered in before the Human-Only rule. A character created anywhere but Sirion - or created in Sirion but no longer residing there - is not exempt from this rule.

I believe it was issued some time in the 2001-2002 timeframe...

Hence as far as Jor is concerned, so many of these "elves" are in fact humans that multilate themselves in their delusions.

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #278: January 10, 2013, 07:18:03 PM »
Hence as far as Jor is concerned, so many of these "elves" are in fact humans that multilate themselves in their delusions.

I could be mistaken, but I believe Tom confirmed later on after a debacle in Sirion that all characters created in Sirion regardless of timeframe could be elves. I could be wrong. Perhaps someone in Sirion remembers the details?

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #279: January 10, 2013, 07:23:20 PM »
There are no hard and fast rules. Basically, we ignore them as long as they stay in Sirion. People who try to start up new inhuman races somewhere else are generally laughed about.
In general, it seems like Tom isn't a fan but ignores them so long as they stay in their corner. 

Unfortunately when they prance around like nitwits, it becomes much harder to do so.

Trust me.  I tend to play elves almost exclusively in fantasy games/RP.  From what I've seen of those who claim to be elves in Sirion, I would be embarassed to do so.  You either get the prancy "FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC!!!!" type of elves, or the rapey, enslaving type of elves. 

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #280: January 10, 2013, 07:26:30 PM »
I don't care with dates. While the majority of players agree and not felt insulted, we continue receiving players that want to play with elves. Like we have monsters/deamons in Beluaterra and even in Dwilight, a hardcore place to roleplay.

In game, people can believe what they want... ignorance is alway a gift and in Sirion people really don't care with foreign opinion, mainly from Westmoor. A crazy fool some time ago said that he poisoned the water and killed the elves... in game I can even talk I saw a chicken with dragon's teeth ;)
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #281: January 10, 2013, 07:50:21 PM »
In general, it seems like Tom isn't a fan but ignores them so long as they stay in their corner. 

Unfortunately when they prance around like nitwits, it becomes much harder to do so.

Trust me.  I tend to play elves almost exclusively in fantasy games/RP.  From what I've seen of those who claim to be elves in Sirion, I would be embarassed to do so.  You either get the prancy "FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC!!!!" type of elves, or the rapey, enslaving type of elves.

Ah yes, that was the quote I was thinking of.

This doesn't really effect me as all of my family is human, but hey, good to know these things!

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #282: January 10, 2013, 08:36:33 PM »
Elves were better when Avamar was around, they served as a foil to the self aggrandizing Sirion elves. On the one hand you had Sirion elves roleplaying themselves as being super humans, capable of all human feats in addition to the regular elf tropes such as talking to trees, having expert marksmanship and more. But then on the other hand you had the elves in Avamar acting like total goofballs. It really added some nuance to BMs take on elves, without them around elves are pretty bland.

Chaotrance13

« Reply #283: January 10, 2013, 09:19:15 PM »
I don't care with dates. While the majority of players agree and not felt insulted, we continue receiving players that want to play with elves. Like we have monsters/deamons in Beluaterra and even in Dwilight, a hardcore place to roleplay.

In game, people can believe what they want... ignorance is alway a gift and in Sirion people really don't care with foreign opinion, mainly from Westmoor. A crazy fool some time ago said that he poisoned the water and killed the elves... in game I can even talk I saw a chicken with dragon's teeth ;)

A lack of sanity is not a defense as I have found with Alaron. And besides, who would want to listen to a player whose character preaches about rape like it's the best thing ever?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 12:38:39 PM by Ravier »

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #284: January 10, 2013, 09:23:34 PM »
And besides, who would want to listen to a player who preaches about rape like it's the best thing ever?

Rapists.