Author Topic: Post AT News Here for our Facebook Page  (Read 142185 times)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Post News Here for our Facebook Page
« Reply #105: January 21, 2013, 03:49:56 PM »
Well, you don't start threatening the Religions of an entire Realm before you have any kind of powerbase or friendships built up.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #106: January 21, 2013, 03:55:08 PM »
You did go kinda beserk there jeah
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #107: January 21, 2013, 04:06:39 PM »
Wow, that was fast - after less than one day in the Cagilan Empire Selene has already been ordered to leave upon pain of death by the Prime Minister. XD

ok, please write up something a bit more official, that's funny as h-e-doublehockeysticks

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108: January 21, 2013, 04:30:12 PM »
Less than one day after her arrival in the Cagilan Empire, the priestess Selene, missionary of the Far Eastern god Sartan, has been ordered to leave by the Prime Minister upon pain of banishment and execution for crimes which are alleged to include "mocking sacred religions" and "threatening" the established religions in the Cagilan Empire.

What now for the red robed priestess? Why does the judge of the Cagilan Empire seem unaware that she is meant to be banishing Selene? And just how long will it be before Selene is banished from another realm? All these questions, and more, will be answered in the next turn of Battlemaster!

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #109: January 21, 2013, 05:08:36 PM »
All these questions, and more, will be answered in the next turn of Battlemaster!

Epic!

Eirikr

« Reply #110: January 21, 2013, 10:14:51 PM »
Less than one day after her arrival in the Cagilan Empire, the priestess Selene, missionary of the Far Eastern god Sartan, has been ordered to leave by the Prime Minister upon pain of banishment and execution for crimes which are alleged to include "mocking sacred religions" and "threatening" the established religions in the Cagilan Empire.

What now for the red robed priestess? Why does the judge of the Cagilan Empire seem unaware that she is meant to be banishing Selene? And just how long will it be before Selene is banished from another realm? All these questions, and more, will be answered in the next turn of Battlemaster!

Just sayin', Coria provides religious freedom, though "new" religions have to get approval from our Council...

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #111: January 21, 2013, 10:38:16 PM »
Just sayin', Coria provides religious freedom, though "new" religions have to get approval from our Council...
So in other words Coria has a dictatorship of what religion can and cannot have except that once they allow a religion it is irrevocable?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #112: January 21, 2013, 11:02:37 PM »
No religious rights in extreme cases can be revoked still. Preaching is also at the mercy of the region lord though.

Eirikr

« Reply #113: January 21, 2013, 11:22:44 PM »
I think it has only ever been revoked (if ever allowed) for MS. Otherwise, preaching and temples are entirely subject to a region lord's wishes, but you are free to practice any religion. Ravendon's still a member of the Horgr of Makar. I think there's still a temple in Anfalas and... Nazia? We don't have priests in Coria often, so I don't think lords are too strict on it. (With the exception of Kressara who is doing crazy things again.)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #114: January 22, 2013, 01:47:07 AM »
I think it has only ever been revoked (if ever allowed) for MS. Otherwise, preaching and temples are entirely subject to a region lord's wishes, but you are free to practice any religion. Ravendon's still a member of the Horgr of Makar. I think there's still a temple in Anfalas and... Nazia? We don't have priests in Coria often, so I don't think lords are too strict on it. (With the exception of Kressara who is doing crazy things again.)
So if preaching and temples is up to the region lord, what does the council decide.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115: January 22, 2013, 03:34:37 AM »
Toupellon had some ridiculous law like that, too. "You can be of any religion, and build a temple to any religion. But you can't actually start a new religion without permission from the King."

"Uh... what?  If someone next door to me starts a new religion and I join, I can build a temple? But I can't actually build that first temple myself and create the religion?"

"Yep, that's absolutely correct."
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #116: January 22, 2013, 03:52:18 AM »
So if preaching and temples is up to the region lord, what does the council decide.

Coria's council decides whether you can found a religion within Coria. Once approved, and the religion is founded, it is then allowed.

Individual lords can determine whether or not they want preaching in their regions and by which priests.

Lords are prohibited from destroying any temples that are in their region once they are there. However, lords may build any temples they wish in their regions while lord of that region. (With the exception of those that are banned)

MS is the only banned religion in Coria.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Eirikr

« Reply #117: January 22, 2013, 04:14:21 AM »
Unless the Church of Sartan already exists on Atamara, won't it need to be "founded"? I've never actually checked, but I didn't think religions persisted across continents. That's the part that the Council would have a say over. In addition, I think our law differs in that you need approval to introduce the religion to our lands as well, but I could be wrong. I don't think it's happened in quite some time.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118: January 22, 2013, 05:10:08 AM »
Unless the Church of Sartan already exists on Atamara, won't it need to be "founded"? I've never actually checked, but I didn't think religions persisted across continents.
That is correct. There is no game support for cross-continent religions. If you want to found the same religion on multiple continents, you start from Square One on each new continent.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #119: January 22, 2013, 05:20:15 AM »
That is correct. There is no game support for cross-continent religions. If you want to found the same religion on multiple continents, you start from Square One on each new continent.
I thought Selene talked with someone to make sure it was founded right away in CE but that's more of a that's what I would do and even then she might have been kicked out before that happened.
― G.K. Chesterton