Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 554351 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #1035: December 22, 2012, 02:20:02 PM »
The only snow that falls in Terran is in the Phantarian forest in the north, and even then it's not deep. We've always RPed Odona as basically a jungle; Thysan too.

Evanburg and the west might be cooler... but still not THAT much cooler. I'm not sure how the Orvandeaux RP their climate. I hope subtropical. :/

Barca's furthest west might get some snow in winter, but I have a hard time imaging maple trees and such in Rettlewood.

Also, Terran's players, when they are RPing seasons, tend to refer to winter as monsoon season. We're really into this whole tropical thing. We dig the palm trees and stuff.

There are no maples in India, but there are some in indochina, which is right next to it. In northern Africa as well. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Map_genus_Acer.png

I have a hard time imagining palm trees in Barca, because that's not actually what's on the map. All of the drawn palm trees are on the east continent. Further, it's called "RettleWOOD" and "TwainWOOD". I never hear people refer to jungles as "the woods". There's also the climate zones, Barca clearly being out of the mediteranean climate zone.

It's easy to picture palm trees on Terran's coast, in Old Maroccidens. But I have a hard time imagining Barca having the same climate as Terran. The terrain is quite different. You are stretched along the eastern coast, with a major river going through you and a great lake on one border. Proximity to the badlands and mountains. Heck, even the Volcano seems to be sending its junk your way.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron