Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 555052 times)

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #750: November 23, 2012, 07:18:37 PM »
Aurvandil is actually a lot of fun to play in. I feel like it is battlemaster's rome, or atleast could be. Our need for efficiency and infantry heavy armies certainly lean towards that. The rest of Dwilight is our Carthage. As a people most of the characters are pretty cool, some are just log in and play every day types, but a lot aren't and will voice their opinions and I feel more informed about world politics than in any other realm i play in and that was even as a knight. I've actually challenged Mendicant IC on a few things and he seems to consider your ideas even if you are just a lowly knight.

Our military society is hardly boring it's just, as you say, not for everyone.

Nice comparison, but I think you aim a little too high. Maybe currently the Moot is comparable with Carthage facing an Aurvandil that look for ridiculous reasons to bully military inferior nations. The rest of Dwilight... well, that should be seen. Maybe some Lurian or Morekian should take this challenge  ;D Just a little curiosity, in the days of the Punic Wars, Rome was a Republic, not an absolute monarchy. But yes, as Rome did, Aurvandil likes to dictate politics to other realms.

Of course playing in Aurvandil is not for everyone. Starting this game currently in Aurvandil is just for those who like to have guarantees of victory before signing in. If you're not that kind of guy maybe you consider other options.