Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 555095 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #900: December 16, 2012, 02:22:36 AM »
Rather my point.

Except he's advocating his position OOCly. Which has me simultaneously very amused and a wee bit concerned.

No, the problem is they fail. And they're morally wrong to begin with. It's fun in a game, just like playing god-mode is fun in a game. But leaving the game and talking like in-game systems make sense out-of-game is like turning off god-mode, walking outside, and trying to alter the weather. You've made two major errors: external validity bias and self-delusion.

Individuals are not by definition unable to be more just and moral than a group. The dictatorship of the majority isn't the most just way to go about, either.

I just think it tends to be easier to question the government when there are open elections. But then again, justice is not determined by the form by which a leader is chosen, but rather by the mechanics that protect justice and freedom in all levels of government, at all times.

I may favor democracy, but I also don't let myself be fooled that simply having a guy be elected makes him necessarily legitimate and just.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron