Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 560643 times)

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #975: December 18, 2012, 11:18:36 PM »
D'Hara isn't actually at war with you... And you assume our priorities are the same as yours. Yet I think it has been pretty clearly demonstrated that we don't operate the same way at all. Because from where we stand, Aurvandil hasn't  achieved much of anything. D'Hara was crippled by starvation, Barca by a sneak attack.

We don't even need to loot you, your regions revolt on their own. And nowadays your tax rates are much closer to what would otherwise be considered normal.

Nah, we've been involved on two fronts against two behemoths, and we barely lost any ground in the East while we regained a ton of land in the West. Ya, I'd say we did just fine.

It's a de facto war.

And no, our tax rates are back up to their original levels, we worked quick to repair our lands. What hurt us, was losing Evanburg, but all of our regions are back to their old levels so I hope you weren't hoping on that. It isn't hard to run high taxes efficiently, and it isn't hard to restore regions. You should have attacked when we were crippled by war protests, you would have driven us into the ground, but you didn't, you sat around and let us regain our regions and our strength.

And our regions don't revolt of their own accord, save for Celtiberia, and we'll bring that region into line.