Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Another Name ?

Started by Tom, October 23, 2012, 12:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arrakis

Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

Longmane

Paths to power  (subtitle: Many paths, one goal, you chose!!)
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.  "Albert Einstein"

Hyral

Similarly, Paths to Prestige? (I do like the 'path/road/way' variants, given the various approaches to and interpretations of success ingame)

Excellence and Influence?

Perth

"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Dante Silverfire

Machiavelli's Revenge
Machiavelli and the Seven Noblemen
Strategists vs Roleplayers
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Penchant

Quote from: Dante Silverfire on November 06, 2012, 02:51:05 AM
Machiavelli's Revenge
Machiavelli and the Seven Noblemen
Strategists vs Roleplayers
Your first two are good names but I wouldn't say it fits the experience most have on BM. The issue with the third one is that it sounds contradictory to the merging part of
QuoteBattleMaster is a team-oriented browsergame merging strategy and roleplaying
otherwise it is almost perfect though if it included nobility in their or something medieval sounding, that would also help it.   Basically, the names sound cool but they aren't completely accurate in what a player will generally encounter, IMO.
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
― G.K. Chesterton

Penchant

Quote from: Chénier on November 05, 2012, 01:40:39 AM
Sword & Pen? :P
I like it but perhaps Sword and Pen of Nobility would be better?
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
― G.K. Chesterton

Dante Silverfire

Quote from: Penchant on November 06, 2012, 06:20:01 AM
Your first two are good names but I wouldn't say it fits the experience most have on BM. The issue with the third one is that it sounds contradictory to the merging part of  otherwise it is almost perfect though if it included nobility in their or something medieval sounding, that would also help it.   Basically, the names sound cool but they aren't completely accurate in what a player will generally encounter, IMO.

Personally I think Machiavelli and the Seven Noblemen fits pretty well with what people will encounter in game.

For the most part, you'll be playing with 6 or 7 other nobles who are all trying to be honorable and fight for their realm. However there is always that one guy in a realm or a guild that just wants to either mess with things or gain some sort of advantage to the detriment of their "team".
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Indirik

But they only appeal to those who are familiar with the ideas of Machiavelli, and would probably turn away a lot of people who would get a bad impression from the name.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Ender

BattleQuill isnt half bad.

I agree that anything involving Machiavelli's name might be off putting to those either unfamiliar with the man or not fond of his particular point of views. Though it'd probably be more an issue of familiarity then anything. That aside, Machiavelli and the Seven Noblemen is a really cool name.

Gustav Kuriga

I feel that anything with Machiavelli in it is going to be too niche and wouldn't actually fit what much of Battlemaster is for someone who just starts playing.

Chenier

Quote from: Gustav Kuriga on November 06, 2012, 06:48:46 PM
I feel that anything with Machiavelli in it is going to be too niche and wouldn't actually fit what much of Battlemaster is for someone who just starts playing.

Isn't there already a game by his name?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Perth

BattleQuill is pretty cool, and unique.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Dante Silverfire

The Aurvandilian, the Astroist, and the Zuma? (The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe)

Scribe Wars!

Aggressive Negotiations