Author Topic: Regional protests over war  (Read 32019 times)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Re: Regional protests over war
« Reply #45: October 26, 2012, 08:19:23 PM »
The fact the internal situation collapsed in three turns is what is really the annoying part, it fell apart before we even knew there was a problem, let alone before we could do something about it.

This is a stability issue.  It is possible to maintain insanely high tax rates and high stats so long as nothing else happens.  But regions in that state are extremely fragile.  Ask those who have played the "how much can I milk my city for?" game, and they will all tell you that they might run 20-25% taxes, but as soon as anything goes wrong you drop by at least 5%, because if you don't the region collapses.  This is not a unique feature of the regional protests.  This is one of the reasons you don't see taxes that high in most places, because it is dangerous, and most people are worried about missing some sign of trouble that causes a rapid collapse.

I remember there was some muck up with the food and Askileon went hungry (not starving, just hungry) for a day, and stats dropped 20-25% across the board and control dropped from Core to Province. 
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"