Author Topic: Southern War of Nobility (Civil war in Madina)  (Read 282494 times)

Jens Namtrah

Re: Civil war in Madina
« Reply #150: July 19, 2011, 01:50:07 PM »
Guys, it really doesn't have anything to do with Game Mechanics. It's all role play. I'm sure Vallyn considers himself to be the rightful Ruler of the lands in the Duchy of Candiels, right? Even though Game Mechanics clearly show he isn't? Isn't that what our war is about? Isn't Mendicant just a pretender in his eyes?

In Makar, we do the "viking exile" thing, like why Erik the Red wandered off. He killed some people, so they told him to get out of town for a few years until things cooled off.

Jens' nephew was immediately appointed the next Lord of Melmoor, it was rp'd that he was in charge of the Namtrah clan fortune for now, and Jens is welcome to come back as soon as he promises to behave - at which time he'll probably take up the lordship again. He's not a "traitor" in Makar - he could go back right now.

Why would you want to kill off all of that role play in a roleplaying game because the word "lord" doesn't print out next his name from the code, and he has to type it in himself?  There is nothing worse for this game than jumping in with "game mechanics trump" where there's no need, especially as GM are so inconsistent and controversial at times anyways.

If Vallyn wants to RP in the way he is, he's welcome too. He just hasn't; none of the lords have. They haven't explained it at all.

They think Jens is trustworthy enough to send on special missions, seem to believe everything else he says, apparently are considering making him the next Duke of Candiel if I read that right, and yet think he is lying about something as commonplace in this game as being a lord where he came from.  That doesn't make any sense to me.