Author Topic: Southern War of Nobility (Civil war in Madina)  (Read 275093 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: Civil war in Madina
« Reply #105: July 05, 2011, 03:25:33 PM »
For us even more, finally someone to really hate.
Don't you guys miss that feeling, of REALLY hating your enemy?
That you just want to put robe around there neck and pull them underneath your boat...

It is nice, isn't it?  :)

Vaylon Kenadell

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Vaylon's Website
« Reply #106: July 05, 2011, 06:25:17 PM »
The "Don't arrive this turn" button is very helpful with that. Given that, *no one* should ever mess up a two-turn move. And probably not a three-turn move, either. When you get longer than that, all bets are off. The varied hours people get, plus the travel bonuses and delays, throw off most efforts at detailed planning.

You'd think so, but you can say, "Arrive at dawn," you can underline it, put it in italics, and repeat it again for good measure (I did all three in the same letter), and people still mess it up. It's like herding cats.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107: July 07, 2011, 06:15:58 AM »
Indeed, there is a reasonable amount of Nobles that work with some hard lag, and don't log in every turn. Those are hard to work with. :/
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #108: July 18, 2011, 12:33:43 AM »
Well. The Madinan Civil War has certainly just seen a major change, what with Fissoa reversing its position. I gotta say, I'm bummed about it, because the alliance to contain Madina was quite entertaining, and the hissy fits across the Candiels Straits are fun to read... I'll be sad if Aurvandil is destroyed.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #109: July 18, 2011, 01:25:33 AM »
Well. The Madinan Civil War has certainly just seen a major change, what with Fissoa reversing its position. I gotta say, I'm bummed about it, because the alliance to contain Madina was quite entertaining, and the hissy fits across the Candiels Straits are fun to read... I'll be sad if Aurvandil is destroyed.

Hmmm...must be fun for the small group of people in the inner circle who get to read them.

as for Aurvandil being destroyed, there may be a bit of delay in that. Seems a certain group of people are counting on a certain "knight" to carry out a certain task, despite that certain knight informing them repeatedly that he is a Lord, resents the fact that they don't acknowledge that, and resents even more being given "orders" like a common soldier.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #110: July 18, 2011, 01:38:24 AM »
Seems a certain group of people are counting on a certain "knight" to carry out a certain task, despite that certain knight informing them repeatedly that he is a Lord, resents the fact that they don't acknowledge that, and resents even more being given "orders" like a common soldier.

Huh?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #111: July 18, 2011, 01:50:32 AM »
Huh?

LOL - not a surprising response, based on the level of communication the Madian council seems to have with one another  :-X

Edit: Ah, you aren't in Madina - confused your name with another.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 01:53:27 AM by Jens Namtrah »

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #112: July 18, 2011, 04:24:48 AM »
Heh, not my fault Luan makes stupid orders some days.

And you'll only get Vallyn's respect as a "Lord" if you earn it with him, some title you earned in the Barony - one you were stripped of when you were banned - is hardly going to impress him, especially after his years on the War Islands and forming Madina.

His very particular with titles - he never calls Mendicant anything other than Duke, a clear indication he views Aurvandil nothing but a rogue duchy.   Much like he'll call Vens a noble or a Knight, depending on how much respect he feels hes earned.

Get enough, he might even acknowledge you were once a Lord.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #113: July 18, 2011, 04:59:11 AM »

Blame Aurvandil for sucking at diplomacy so much.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #114: July 18, 2011, 05:02:28 AM »

And you'll only get Vallyn's respect as a "Lord" if you earn it with him, some title you earned in the Barony - one you were stripped of when you were banned - is hardly going to impress him, especially after his years on the War Islands and forming Madina.

His very particular with titles - he never calls Mendicant anything other than Duke, a clear indication he views Aurvandil nothing but a rogue duchy.   Much like he'll call Vens a noble or a Knight, depending on how much respect he feels hes earned.

what will happen sooner is, Jens'll will get tired of being insulted and ignored and find a new realm. I've heard rumors there are other places that need more nobles.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #115: July 18, 2011, 05:05:12 AM »
*cough*lurianova*cough*

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #116: July 18, 2011, 05:18:45 AM »
*cough*lurianova*cough*

You wouldn't mean the lovely city of Askileon, would you? The one that is at the end of this interesting journey:

"Tower Fatmilak - Fatmilak - Bol - Lugagun - Madina Gardens - Madina - Fissoa - Fissoa Fields - Munawai - Mangai - Nuas - Maf - Irvington - Cadier - Outer Giask - Giask - Askileon

Taking this route, it would take you 188 hours, or 29 turns, to cover the total distance of 2030 miles, assuming no travel delays."

Why, Jens hadn't given any thought to that  ;)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #117: July 18, 2011, 05:20:38 AM »
You wouldn't mean the lovely city of Askileon, would you? The one that is at the end of this interesting journey:

"Tower Fatmilak - Fatmilak - Bol - Lugagun - Madina Gardens - Madina - Fissoa - Fissoa Fields - Munawai - Mangai - Nuas - Maf - Irvington - Cadier - Outer Giask - Giask - Askileon

Taking this route, it would take you 188 hours, or 29 turns, to cover the total distance of 2030 miles, assuming no travel delays."

Why, Jens hadn't given any thought to that  ;)

No, Nova Luria has Giask as the capital. Pian En Luries has Askileon as the capital
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #118: July 18, 2011, 05:29:49 AM »

It's not just Vallyn, it is the entire realm (which seems to be about 3 and 1/2 characters)

And it's not just the title issue, it is the whole red-faced, "YOU WERE ORDERED TO DO X, NOW GET BACK IN LINE"  bull-!@#$. I thought we cleared up the eff-ing drill sergeant complex in the game 3-4 years ago?

Add to that the fact that throughout these issues of title and miscommunication among the council, no one has ever replied to anything he has ever sent, gives me the feeling that the only reason I'm in the realm is to add more soldiers and prop up the estates.

I had to change the way I play Jens to fit into Dwilight's SMA, and I certainly didn't do it so I be a foot-soldier in one of the old Sirion armies  :P

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #119: July 18, 2011, 05:32:17 AM »
It's not just Vallyn, it is the entire realm (which seems to be about 3 and 1/2 characters)

And it's not just the title issue, it is the whole red-faced, "YOU WERE ORDERED TO DO X, NOW GET BACK IN LINE"  bull-!@#$. I thought we cleared up the eff-ing drill sergeant complex in the game 3-4 years ago?

Add to that the fact that throughout these issues of title and miscommunication among the council, no one has ever replied to anything he has ever sent, gives me the feeling that the only reason I'm in the realm is to add more soldiers and prop up the estates.

I had to change the way I play Jens to fit into Dwilight's SMA, and I certainly didn't do it so I be a foot-soldier in one of the old Sirion armies  :P

There is nothing against the SMA in playing a bossy character that orders around everyone else though.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.