Author Topic: Accusations of abuse and general harassment  (Read 25075 times)

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Accusations of abuse and general harassment
« Topic Start: December 22, 2012, 03:14:37 AM »
In my eyes, at the very least, this line was way out of bounds:

There, you all but outright accused Solari of either multicheating or abusing devly powers to obtain information. (Which, for the record, he can't: he doesn't have access to the live database or current messages sent and received, in any form. Only two people in the game have that access, and those are Tom and me.)

What? No. Here:

Letter from Enri Kinsey   (6 days, 1 hour ago)
(Personal message to Celestial Fury)
Your Grace,

When House Solari conducts espionage operations, communiques are never passed from one family member to another. That would far too easily stir up suspicion. Instead, House Solari has compromised several families on several islands through a patronage scheme. House Solari has great power and influence on some other islands, and they give promotions in rank to those families whose relatives spy for them on Atamara. Thomas Solari was in the process of building a new power base in Carelia, but he fled after Carelia's defeat. That was the only reason I did not put him on the Villains List.

I am guessing that this Remi is a part of some reverse scheme to regain a Solari beach-head on Atamara. He knows that the chances of us ever trusting him with power is small, so why join CE? So he could sell our secrets in exchange for power.

Please do not place your trust in him.
Sir Enri Kinsey
General of Cagilan Empire
Knight of Ravening

Please don't put words in my mouth. What Enri wrote is my best guess at how Aaron pulls off his spying for House Solari. (Which, again, is not against the rules.) The rest of us actually have to do things like contacting possibly disgruntled enemy knights, making them promises that we might not be able to keep, etc. You know, the hard way. Aaron has some sort of multi-island influence-peddling scheme going on, as far as I can tell. (Which, again, is not against the rules.) I'd admire it if it hasn't been such a thorn on my characters' collective sides.

"That's why I don't bother with spying, and haven't since leaving Carelia. Despite what you might think, and certainly despite what your character in D'Hara thinks."

He hasn't done any spying since Thomas Solari left Carelia, but apparently he knows what my character in D'Hara thinks, despite not having a character there. That's the only reason I called him a bad liar.
------
qui audet vincit