Author Topic: What makes a D'haran?  (Read 143442 times)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
Re: What makes a D'haran?
« Reply #195: March 15, 2013, 03:09:00 AM »
That and Rynn keeps saying "Oh, so you have a problem with the way things are? Run for a position. Oh, you don't want to work to change anything? then stfu or, as machiavel so endearingly put it, gtfo  ;D

Ahh at last, a proper emote
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #196: March 15, 2013, 03:12:21 AM »
ballsy little spat, though. It's not everyday that any D'Haran stands up to Machiavel.

I don't even have a proper emote for that statement.
He has been around the block. He isn't some new knight that's going to be a pushover.
That and Rynn keeps saying "Oh, so you have a problem with the way things are? Run for a position. Oh, you don't want to work to change anything? then stfu or, as machiavel so endearingly put it, gtfo  ;D

+1. Whine, whine, whine but he doesn't want to do !@#$ about it other than whine. "The MC is destroying a political capabilities." That's not the most idiotic thing I have ever heard. O wait it is. Before knights had no input, no representative, and now he is complaining about how it somehow lessens the knights politic abilities or some crap.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #197: March 15, 2013, 03:17:04 AM »
ballsy little spat, though. It's not everyday that any D'Haran stands up to Machiavel.

I don't even have a proper emote for that statement.

Machiavel doesn't often take a firm public stance for one to oppose.

Beside, these months, plenty of younglings have opposed Machiavel.

At least that particularily vindictive one can't be heard anymore... I think he left, right? Kept making radical opinions based on absolutely nothing at all, and would whine about how we are crushing his freedom with our evil rational explanations. Couldn't stand him, he was pretty much as bad as Jonsu. Can't recall his name, though... he came from the Lurias, though.

Whine, whine, whine but he doesn't want to do !@#$ about it other than whine. "The MC is destroying a political capabilities." That's not the most idiotic thing I have ever heard. O wait it is. Before knights had no input, no representative, and now he is complaining about how it somehow lessens the knights politic abilities or some crap.

I don't quite agree. I could easily believe that Ismail is usurping the MC to give his voice more power and influence than it actually deserves. Many voices has suggested as much to me. I'm not saying I agree with his vision, but at least it supports itself somewhat.

Machiavel preffered your response. Felt wrong to say what he did, he doesn't like being this openly antagonistic.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #198: March 15, 2013, 03:24:38 AM »
Machiavel doesn't often take a firm public stance for one to oppose.

Beside, these months, plenty of younglings have opposed Machiavel.

At least that particularily vindictive one can't be heard anymore... I think he left, right? Kept making radical opinions based on absolutely nothing at all, and would whine about how we are crushing his freedom with our evil rational explanations. Couldn't stand him, he was pretty much as bad as Jonsu. Can't recall his name, though... he came from the Lurias, though.
Was it Anselmo?

I don't quite agree. I could easily believe that Ismail is usurping the MC to give his voice more power and influence than it actually deserves. Many voices has suggested as much to me. I'm not saying I agree with his vision, but at least it supports itself somewhat.
I am still in the MC. He doesn't usurp power, but he might extend some of the support every once in a while, since none of them want to talk. When the few that do talk are in support, it might sound like there is a bit support than there is. He generally does a really good job of summarizing those who actually talked, IMO, as he usually includes everything that was said somehow in his summary.

Machiavel preffered your response. Felt wrong to say what he did, he doesn't like being this openly antagonistic.
I like them both, favoring Rynn's approach but thinking that with his response, Machiavel's was also quite fitting.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #199: March 15, 2013, 03:32:48 AM »
Was it Anselmo?

Yea, I think so. That dude should have been paired up with Jonsu, I tell you.

I like them both, favoring Rynn's approach but thinking that with his response, Machiavel's was also quite fitting.

Machiavel would have preferred them switched. ;)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #200: March 15, 2013, 03:45:07 AM »
Yea, I think so. That dude should have been paired up with Jonsu, I tell you.

Or both of them with Glaumring  ;D

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #201: March 15, 2013, 03:47:33 AM »
Or both of them with Glaumring  ;D

Glaumring's a different kind...

He was of surprising lucidity at the start of our relations. Anselmo and Jonsu, however, not so much. Just plain and pure antagonism.

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #202: March 15, 2013, 04:24:30 AM »
The MC is indeed pretty quiet and Ismail does the best he can to provide some leadership, maybe stir up some reform or whatnot. Whether he stretches things occasionally, well, that's a possibility.  :-X

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #203: March 15, 2013, 12:29:51 PM »
Clearly, as I half-suspected, one of the biggest victories over D'Hara we have achieved is the destruction of Luria Vesperi, which caused Tarajist to join them.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #204: March 15, 2013, 12:40:09 PM »
Clearly, as I half-suspected, one of the biggest victories over D'Hara we have achieved is the destruction of Luria Vesperi, which caused Tarajist to join them.

We got a bunch of nobles to liven things up and increase our might, a fair trade-off.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #205: March 15, 2013, 12:54:52 PM »
lol

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #206: March 15, 2013, 10:54:04 PM »

Never mind proxy wars - the wave of the future is troll wars.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #207: March 22, 2013, 11:50:07 AM »
The Dragon King's been attacked!  :o

Totally blaming Glaumring for it.  8)

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #208: March 26, 2013, 04:35:06 AM »
As if you were sad for it ;)
D'Espana Family

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile