Author Topic: And a new realm lives!  (Read 191280 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: And a new realm lives!
« Reply #120: January 12, 2013, 12:11:31 AM »
Ohh, well they installed a law that says only temples of SA can be created in Swordfell. Of course I argued that, they pretty much won a monopoly of religion in the realm even the creation of new religions, but the community outweighed me. Frown. Shrug. So I guess they covered that base.

I really don't mind the religion. It's when it decides who can and can't do things in the realm that really irks Bowie. The theocratic side, not the spiritual side. Anyone read the Ashrak Imperialist? That was an anti-theocratic work at my finest!
This arguing was after they knew about that law because you might as ruler become a tyrant and attack the church/break the laws or something. As to the not minding the religion but the theocratic side that basically why SA is awesome, it's takes charge instead of doing nothing though IC you should eventually show you are not antiSA, that you just don't want them telling you what to do because everyone thinks you are an enemy of the church.  As to the Ashrak Imperialist, I usually did read it and found it an interesting read and relatively well formatted.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton