Author Topic: And a new realm lives!  (Read 192109 times)

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
Re: And a new realm lives!
« Reply #525: February 03, 2013, 04:40:02 PM »
----------
Out-of-Character from Malificar Jeckyl   (1 hour, 10 minutes ago)
Message sent to everyone in your realm (17 recipients)
Public Service Announcement: Reporting Vulgarity

I really hate that I have to bring this up, but it really annoys me when I have to click on "fine for a noble" on messages I do a peer review on. Now I'm not pointing fingers, but this is ridiculous. Most of my characters don't get to do a peer review for months, and all of a sudden Malificar has had over three reviews in the last month, all of which I deemed were fine for a noble.

Please, do not use the vulgarity reporting if there is no use of curse words. Right there on that page, it tells you what should be considered vulgar. The last message I reviewed didn't even have a hint of vulgarity, with NO room for interpretation. The players doing these reviews are going to start to figure out who is reporting the messages, and judge them accordingly. I certainly have. I, as a player (not to be mistaken as my character Malificar), am starting to develop a very negative opinion of the people I suspect have been lodging false reports. Please start playing your characters and not yourselves. If you are having trouble identifying a word as vulgar, please consult m-w.com. If you fail to find an entry, please consult urbandictionary.com

Thank you for your time, and reading this Public Service Announcement.

p.s. if you leave everything as happening to your character and not yourself, you will significantly reduce the stress in your life.
Andrew "Jeckyl" Hyde
----------

Well said Mssr Hyde. Glad to know I'm not the only one extremely annoyed by this misusage of mechanics for personal gain.