Author Topic: And a new realm lives!  (Read 182959 times)

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: And a new realm lives!
« Reply #75: January 11, 2013, 10:48:57 PM »
All you did was replace the word "!@#$" with the word "brown". Umm... yay? You could at least go for a good "yo momma" joke.

Yo mamma, eh? Hmm...I got to write that down.
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #76: January 11, 2013, 10:49:43 PM »
Hahhaa, Brownsides.

Submitted for the entertainment of this forum, here are the insults I've tossed at Duke Sevastian the Brown thus far, AND, I assert that I am the reigning Champion Insulteer. Ain't nobody slung insults like me.

Curtain call:

Mhmm, that's good insulting!

FWIW, I just voted to rule one of your messages vulgar. Cheers!
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77: January 11, 2013, 10:51:37 PM »
Indirect would lead to the intended victim not really knowing they had been insulted. Or delivering it in a way that could be interpreted as good or bad. Everyone *knows* you intended the bad, but you could reasonably make the claim that it was the good. Your references are blatantly direct. *Everyone* knows what you meant, and there's no possible alternate interpretation. That is not indirect.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #78: January 11, 2013, 10:52:43 PM »
Oh come on! No love for the sewer slandering? I can't just up and call him a piece of sh**, so I veiled it. VEILED, INDIRECTLY! That's the way nobles insult each other.

That's the way that the children of nobles insult each other. With the level of worldliness and education Bowie has, I would expect far better.

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #79: January 11, 2013, 10:53:34 PM »
FWIW, I just voted to rule one of your messages vulgar. Cheers!

Hahaa, it wouldn't be a good debate without vulgarities! Much obliged.

...That is not indirect.

Aahh whatever, semantics. It was till fun.
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #80: January 11, 2013, 10:54:19 PM »
OOC, the jokes are pretty mediocre. IC, however, they are insulting and crass to the point of doing their job perfectly. Sevastion has been worked into a tizzy to the point of creating a power struggle. It's harder to take offense when someone gives you a genuinely funny jibe...but when they seem to roll on the floor by their own bad joke it makes anger much easier.

Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #81: January 11, 2013, 10:55:29 PM »
Can someone please explain to me why a new realm was started with a Lurian Duke and Brom wasn't chosen to be the ruler of it? Cmon, my character is the one with the history in Luria. Bowie has nothing on me. At least some people like Brom, everyone hates Bowie.

Shoot, I didn't even get invited to the fun.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #82: January 11, 2013, 10:56:28 PM »
Stop picking on my Bowie. :(
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #83: January 11, 2013, 10:58:02 PM »
All you did was replace the word "!@#$" with the word "brown". Umm... yay? You could at least go for a good "yo momma" joke.

Thou matriarch is so robust that 4 hordes of undead sprang from her backside.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #84: January 11, 2013, 10:58:18 PM »
...everyone hates Bowie.

...His mom says he's cool....

Stop picking on my Bowie. :(

That's the essence of the character. He's the DEMON of Dwilight. Im glad for the chance to play him.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #85: January 11, 2013, 10:59:25 PM »
That's the essence of the character. He's the DEMON of Dwilight. Im glad for the chance to play him.

And Dwilight is mine. Ipso Facto, Bowie's my demon.  8)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #86: January 11, 2013, 11:03:09 PM »
And Dwilight is mine. Ipso Facto, Bowie's my demon.  8)

I'll fight you for Dwilight.

You vs me for the world.

Albeit, I'm choosing Allison as my champion. You wouldn't strike a girl would you?

----------

btw, you gave me an idea. We can just tell the Daimons that Bowie is claiming to be a Demon again and then they'll come in and just destroy Swordfell for kicks?
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #87: January 11, 2013, 11:03:58 PM »
That's the way that the children of nobles insult each other. With the level of worldliness and education Bowie has, I would expect far better.
Just saying I see you losing basically all power. Hopefully rebellion, maybe they all join Flowrestown's duchy and secede but same end result. You are being a tyrant in a republic, big no no. When its a republic, you shouldn't be saying the equalivant of I don't care what the people want, he insulted me so you can all screw off.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #88: January 11, 2013, 11:06:05 PM »
Thou matriarch is so robust that 4 hordes of undead sprang from her backside.

Hahahaaa, genius!

The point of insulting Sevastian is to prove he's nothing to me. He says "oh, I'm a Duke. Oh, I'm in charge with the plan. I'm in control, oh, you're just a little knight and there is nothing you can do about it. Pish posh look at my rear end." Well, I can sure as hell insult him publicly! Let him get so worked up he pops! (which I think I may have accomplished). Then, his carcass can be carted out of Swordfell and we can carry on with our baby Republic. My poor dear Swordfell. I genuinely gave this one my bestest.  The time Bowie spent in the Morek Empire was his most honest and legitimate time -EVER. And that's saying a lot since he pitched a political battle against theocratism (which was really fun).

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #89: January 11, 2013, 11:07:59 PM »
Can someone please explain to me why a new realm was started with a Lurian Duke and Brom wasn't chosen to be the ruler of it? Cmon, my character is the one with the history in Luria. Bowie has nothing on me. At least some people like Brom, everyone hates Bowie.

Shoot, I didn't even get invited to the fun.

You could always bring it up to Sevastian. He wasn't exactly chosen to be the ruler, but he was trusted with the duchy secession and the foundation of the realm itself. Bowie Ironsides got extremely impatient within six hours of the act of secession and began causing dissent to the point that he had threatened Sevastian's Ducal Seat (which Sevastian has held for far longer than he's even known Bowie). Based on the Legal status of wishing to depose a Lurian Duke (which Sevastian knows first hand), a ban for the offender and loss of status is the kindest of recourses. Swordfell has to appease not only their northern neighbours, but the Lurian south as well. This means distinct cultures (like Bowie and Sevastian had talked about well beforehand), and a detailed legal code.

Now we've got a Lurian Promachos and a solid bridge between Astroist North and Crazy Ass South, aka, Luria.

If people want to rebel over Bowie's tantrum, I really do not think I would enjoy playing with them, and wish them well on their way.