Author Topic: And a new realm lives!  (Read 183082 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: And a new realm lives!
« Reply #105: January 11, 2013, 11:26:49 PM »
@last part, I think Morekians actually like Bowie more and I don't see Luria liking you that much considering you ditched them. As to the D'hara bit, you are right, as soon as we saw you were ruler everybody in House of Lords started freaking out until they were informed that Bowie was going to be ruler, not Sevastion.

That's pretty bad. If people like Bowie more than you, you're screwed.

You really don't have any idea what's going on...

Realm wasn't usurped. Realm is being guided properly by someone not out solely for personal status and a bit of fame.

Only a true Lurian could make that statement with a straight face.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #106: January 11, 2013, 11:27:54 PM »
@first paragraph from the sounds of it, what Bowie was going for worked as you are having a tantrum in response from everything I have seen.
@second paragraph, AFAIK, you were only the one to found the realm because you whined about making the capital Balance's Retreat but my info is limited on this.
@last part, I think Morekians actually like Bowie more and I don't see Luria liking you that much considering you ditched them. As to the D'hara bit, you are right, as soon as we saw you were ruler everybody in House of Lords started freaking out until they were informed that Bowie was going to be ruler, not Sevastion.

No, what Bowie did to make me upset was an Ooc thing. IC, I'm just going along with the flow.

Whined, schemed, whatever you want to call it, it worked.

Morek is quite fond of Sevastian, and Luria has lifted the ban against Sevastian. He is working towards Swordfell joining the Halls of Luria as a nation, but the duchy at least will be part.

I figured Dhara would be in a tizzy, some Vesperi are too. Poor little fellas.

I'm not usurping anything from the republic. I'm denying Bowie the opportunity to f*** up central Toprak.

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #107: January 11, 2013, 11:28:44 PM »
...That's pretty bad. If people like Bowie more than you, you're screwed.

That's not an insult to the nobles who voted Bowie as Ruler of Swordfell is it? No one insults my brothers and sisters except me! Dhem's fightin words!
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #108: January 11, 2013, 11:31:23 PM »
..He is working towards Swordfell joining the Halls of Luria as a nation, but the duchy at least will be part...

Just so you know, we already have treaties in place securing the creation of Swordfell, signed by Mother Goose (M.E.), the Lurians and Corsanctum...so, what you're up to is what exactly? Smells like usurpation to me.
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #109: January 11, 2013, 11:34:12 PM »
That's not an insult to the nobles who voted Bowie as Ruler of Swordfell is it? No one insults my brothers and sisters except me! Dhem's fightin words!

An insult?

That's a complement. I assumed you wanted to be notorious.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #110: January 11, 2013, 11:34:43 PM »
Just so you know, we already have treaties in place securing the creation of Swordfell, signed by Mother Goose (M.E.), the Lurians and Corsanctum...so, what you're up to is what exactly? Smells like usurpation to me.

Like I've stated clearly before: Bowie pushed Sevastian too far, and Sevastian has declared himself Princeps, Promachos, whatever term you wish to use.

Sevastian had been willing to succumb to Bowie's rule before Bowie showed his true colours.

Bowie should've had more patience.

Pike

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #111: January 11, 2013, 11:35:02 PM »
Just saying I see you losing basically all power. Hopefully rebellion, maybe they all join Flowrestown's duchy and secede but same end result. You are being a tyrant in a republic, big no no. When its a republic, you shouldn't be saying the equalivant of I don't care what the people want, he insulted me so you can all screw off.

Thankyou,  right now that is my problem with him as well. Though like I have already stated before the chances of Flowerstowns Duchy seceding are  just about nonexistent.l

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #112: January 11, 2013, 11:35:49 PM »
An insult?

That's a complement. I assumed you wanted to be notorious.

Mission Accomplished folks, 8) 

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #113: January 11, 2013, 11:36:44 PM »
He was talking about the D'harans liking you more than Sevastion.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #114: January 11, 2013, 11:37:59 PM »
Thankyou,  right now that is my problem with him as well. Though like I have already stated before the chances of Flowerstowns Duchy seceding are  just about nonexistent.l
I hope the chance increases if lords change duchy as that is what I was suggesting would happen first.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #115: January 11, 2013, 11:38:28 PM »
Ya, exactly. The joke is if everybody hates Bowie and these people voted for him what does that make them?

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #116: January 11, 2013, 11:39:47 PM »
Like I've stated clearly before: Bowie pushed Sevastian too far, and Sevastian has declared himself Princeps, Promachos, whatever term you wish to use.

Sevastian had been willing to succumb to Bowie's rule before Bowie showed his true colours.

Bowie should've had more patience.
So what exactly did Bowie cause you to do if you are not usurping the realm?
― G.K. Chesterton

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #117: January 11, 2013, 11:40:45 PM »
Ya, exactly. The joke is if everybody hates Bowie and these people voted for him what does that make them?
They might hate him but they think he will be a good ruler so that makes them all half crazy half awesome.
― G.K. Chesterton

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #118: January 11, 2013, 11:42:30 PM »
...that makes them all half crazy half awesome.

What's even funnier is that a lot of them are Astromancers! And we all know how Bowie feels toward that political party! And he still won the election. Things that makes you go, hm.

Pike

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #119: January 11, 2013, 11:43:16 PM »

Morek is quite fond of Sevastian, and Luria has lifted the ban against Sevastian. He is working towards Swordfell joining the Halls of Luria as a nation, but the duchy at least will be part.

Toprak.

Once again it appears that you and you alone are doing deals without involving the realm.  A bad thing for the Ruler of a republic.  Trust was placed in you and looks like it was misplaced if you are so bent out of shape because of what one man does.  The realm is more then just you and Bowie but this is basically turned into a pissing contest.