Author Topic: And a new realm lives!  (Read 183005 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: And a new realm lives!
« Reply #420: January 21, 2013, 03:56:30 AM »
Also, You weren't elected. Your character was. Please, for the love of all that is holy, start differentiating Ooc and IC. The messages in game are bad enough, but for it to start spilling over here is just sad.

+9000
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #421: January 21, 2013, 05:31:51 AM »
Also, You weren't elected. Your character was. Please, for the love of all that is holy, start differentiating Ooc and IC. The messages in game are bad enough, but for it to start spilling over here is just sad.

Obviously this is a discussion about our IC characters and the events around them. Da doi!

Anyway, the point being is that if Sevastian wants to participate in the realm instead of being a cloistered realm-within-a-realm he will have to approach the group with the attitude of repentance. He was in the wrong. So what if bowie insulted him, is anyone surprised? but EVERYONE is surprised that Sevastian turned out to be a traitor.

Swordfell can still live in harmony. But it starts with you
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Thalryn

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #422: January 21, 2013, 06:08:11 AM »
No Bowie, harmony starts with you stopping your childish "brown stain" insults.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #423: January 21, 2013, 06:14:19 AM »
Let him make his dumb jokes Thalryn. Only time will tell who wins this one.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #424: January 21, 2013, 07:31:14 AM »
No Bowie, harmony starts with you stopping your childish "brown stain" insults.
Its called being the bigger man and stopping being childish before the other one apologizes.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #425: January 21, 2013, 07:33:39 AM »
Penchant: Sevastian has Bowie blocked from contacting him. He hasnt responded to anything from Bowie in days. You need to get up to date if you want to keep jumping in to defend Bowie.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #426: January 21, 2013, 09:15:53 AM »
Penchant: Sevastian has Bowie blocked from contacting him. He hasnt responded to anything from Bowie in days. You need to get up to date if you want to keep jumping in to defend Bowie.
I already knew this, doesn't mean Sevastion couldn't be the bigger man by taking him off the ignore list and trying to work it out, and I don't really get how saying that is defending Bowie.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Thalryn

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #427: January 21, 2013, 09:42:37 AM »
Its called being the bigger man and stopping being childish before the other one apologizes.

Didi I say he should apologize? It just needs to stop, especially considering that now it's just OOC and out of line.

I don't see Sevastian doing anything to stop "harmony in realm." Yes there were issues with that, justified or not, but he's contributing positively to the realm while Bowie is writing satirical plays.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #428: January 21, 2013, 03:51:50 PM »
How much would Swordfell pay me NOT to join them, you think?  8)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #429: January 21, 2013, 04:21:47 PM »
Swordfell can still live in harmony. But it starts with you

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND ALL THAT IS HOLY SEPARATE IC AND OOC.

It starts with Sevastian. Emphatically not Woelfy.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 06:10:00 PM by Vellos »
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #430: January 21, 2013, 06:06:55 PM »

It starts with Sevastian. Emphatically no Woelfy.

+1

Now! To Swordfell news - two more people have joined the tea party!

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #431: January 21, 2013, 08:03:13 PM »

It starts with Sevastian. Emphatically not Woelfy.

How is it not clear that I am talking about Sevastian? Do I have to use his name every single time or can I just use second person?

Anyway..........
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #432: January 21, 2013, 08:22:02 PM »
Guys why keep whining about this on the forum? Just kill each other IC or something. Both of you have equal rights to all those things your char just needs to be stubborn and perhaps power hungry smart enough to take it and keep it. The latter is often done by convincing other people you are more right than the other guy, no matter if it is true or not. OOC has nothing to do with all of this.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #433: January 21, 2013, 08:24:53 PM »
Guys why keep whining about this on the forum? Just kill each other IC or something. Both of you have equal rights to all those things your char just needs to be stubborn and perhaps power hungry smart enough to take it and keep it. The latter is often done by convincing other people you are more right than the other guy, no matter if it is true or not. OOC has nothing to do with all of this.

See, this is the problem: Neither of them believes the other has equal rights to the things.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #434: January 21, 2013, 08:32:04 PM »
Then let them sort that out IC. To me this sounds like a simple powerclash, we've seen dozens of those in BM but never have I seen one derail so badly on the forum...

He who gets and holds the position spoke the truth, just make sure you get the position and your story was apparently truthful. (Doesn't matter if it was, you're the one writing history after all not the "losing" guy).
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela