Author Topic: And a new realm lives!  (Read 181469 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: And a new realm lives!
« Reply #465: January 24, 2013, 09:57:00 PM »
The proof could have been forged. But then again, if Jonsu joined the Lurias, it's proof that she was a traitor all along. :P
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Meneldur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #466: January 24, 2013, 10:10:17 PM »
The proof could have been forged. But then again, if Jonsu joined the Lurias, it's proof that she was a traitor all along. :P

By who? It was a game-mechanics message not just a report from a noble. How do you forge such a message? (genuinely curious now)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #467: January 24, 2013, 10:11:48 PM »
Not everyone gets that message. The one who reported it could have forged it.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #468: January 24, 2013, 10:15:07 PM »
You cannot forge game mechanics messages. If the game tells you that something happened, then it happened. The only way to trigger the "someone altered the accounts and stole money" or whatever it is that it says, is for the banker to cook the books. The character can try and spin it, or pass it off on someone else. But as a player, you can know that the *only* way for it to happen is the banker.

There have been ideas for making it so that there are multiple ways to get the same message, but I don't know how many things this applies to. So far as I know, there is a delayed-buy option for buying lordships that looks just like the spontaneous uprising and naming of a random noble as lord.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #469: January 24, 2013, 10:16:33 PM »
Not everyone gets that message. The one who reported it could have forged it.
Well, yes. Anything that another player copy/pastes to you could easily be forged. But if you get it directly from the game itself, then it happened.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #470: January 24, 2013, 10:17:12 PM »
So far as I know, there is a delayed-buy option for buying lordships that looks just like the spontaneous uprising and naming of a random noble as lord.

I thought the "buy lordship" feature was scrapped?

Meneldur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #471: January 24, 2013, 10:20:53 PM »
You cannot forge game mechanics messages. If the game tells you that something happened, then it happened. The only way to trigger the "someone altered the accounts and stole money" or whatever it is that it says, is for the banker to cook the books. The character can try and spin it, or pass it off on someone else. But as a player, you can know that the *only* way for it to happen is the banker.

Exactly- OOC it can't really be denied that Jonsu did it as the initial messages came straight from the game.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 10:25:51 PM by Meneldur »

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #472: January 24, 2013, 10:26:06 PM »
I thought the "buy lordship" feature was scrapped?
The ability to buy the lordship of your own realm's regions was scrapped. However, you can still buy foreign regions, and bring them to your realm. I *think* you can choose to buy them immediately, or buy them at the next turn change. I don't recall, exactly....

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #473: January 24, 2013, 10:33:47 PM »
Well, yes. Anything that another player copy/pastes to you could easily be forged. But if you get it directly from the game itself, then it happened.

I don't believe the whole realm got a message about the banker doing something fishy, I think it's a character who brought forth an alleged game-generated report he got.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Meneldur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #474: January 24, 2013, 10:44:58 PM »
I don't believe the whole realm got a message about the banker doing something fishy, I think it's a character who brought forth an alleged game-generated report he got.

Is the message only sent to Lords then? Because I am pretty sure that my character got a game-generated report...

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #475: January 24, 2013, 10:48:38 PM »
Is the message only sent to Lords then? Because I am pretty sure that my character got a game-generated report...

The message is sent to the lord or lady of the region in question, at the very least. I can count on one hand the number of times that someone has forged that message for the purpose that some have described. And because cooking the books happens so infrequently, it's not usually a word-for-word copy of the game event message.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #476: January 24, 2013, 11:24:35 PM »
The message is sent to the lord or lady of the region in question, at the very least. I can count on one hand the number of times that someone has forged that message for the purpose that some have described. And because cooking the books happens so infrequently, it's not usually a word-for-word copy of the game event message.

I REALLY should have made myself a txt document for all of these nasty game reports (secret police used on you, secret police detecting rebel activities, someone cooking the books, etc.). Would quite useful to have the authentic messages on hand for... special events. :P

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #477: January 25, 2013, 12:13:41 AM »
I've often thought the same thing. Not just for the occasional forgery, but for verifying whether or not someone was trying to pull a fast one on me. Not sure how meta-gamey that would be, though...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #478: January 25, 2013, 12:19:04 AM »
I've often thought the same thing. Not just for the occasional forgery, but for verifying whether or not someone was trying to pull a fast one on me. Not sure how meta-gamey that would be, though...

The second function is pretty meta-gamey. The first is only playing on other players' meta-gaming, so totally legit. ;)

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #479: January 25, 2013, 02:12:09 AM »
You'd be surprised how quickly people take the words of (game generated) guard over that of respected noblemen.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela