Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

[Forum Game] Werewolf XIV: The Vengeance Factor

Started by Lefanis, January 21, 2013, 11:43:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norrel

Would anyone voting for me care to give a reason why?

Thomasgriff is our best bet right now. He's the only one I've gotten any tells on. None of you have had tells beyond "He's accusing people, he must be bad", which is logically unsound.
"it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings."
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Dishman

I am not familiar with the skill level at deception we are dealing with. I have had no dealings with any of you. I would mention caution about 'tells' based off of initial reactions. An expert assassin will go unnoticed while a innocent fool will gather unneeded attention.

Perhaps someone saw the deed? If that be the case I would ask them to come forward. Alternatively someone may vouch for another, then they should collaborate in private with those that they can vouch for. Be careful when showing your hand, but do not sit idly by.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Thomasgriff

And norrel what tell do I have please explain it to the world.
Silence is golden, but Ductape is silver.

Norrel

Quote from: Dishman on February 16, 2013, 12:13:11 AM
Perhaps someone saw the deed? If that be the case I would ask them to come forward. Alternatively someone may vouch for another, then they should collaborate in private with those that they can vouch for. Be careful when showing your hand, but do not sit idly by.

Nope, nobody did.

Quote from: Dishman on February 16, 2013, 12:13:11 AM
I am not familiar with the skill level at deception we are dealing with. I have had no dealings with any of you. I would mention caution about 'tells' based off of initial reactions. An expert assassin will go unnoticed while a innocent fool will gather unneeded attention.

So we should just do things for no reason ever?

I'm accusing someone who is pretending to contribute while saying nothing, not an innocent who's trying to win the game with accusations and analysis. If you're not either a) voting for Thomasgriff or b) trying to analyze someone, you are actively hurting the town. Skill level is irrelevant: either you are attempting to help or you are attempting to stifle debate.
"it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings."

Norrel

Quote from: Thomasgriff on February 16, 2013, 12:20:47 AM
And norrel what tell do I have please explain it to the world.

I've done this a number of times.

Thomasgriff

Quote from: Norrel on February 16, 2013, 12:22:24 AM
I've done this a number of times.

So you have no reason at all but your assumption and that all anybody has.

Norrel

Quote from: Thomasgriff on February 16, 2013, 12:48:43 AM
So you have no reason at all but your assumption and that all anybody has.

If you're expecting scientifically rigorous proof in a game about game theory, you're probably looking in the wrong place. Yes, I'm trying to get people to actually contribute instead of laying on the sidelines. No, I don't have proof, I have hints. Look at my previous games, most of the time my hints and tells are right. Not always but usually.

Right now, you're saying "nobody can know for certain so we shouldn't even try". If we don't try, bad guys win. That is an anti-town sentiment.

Ketchum

VOTE THOMASGRIFF

We need more analysis and he is the best bet we have at the moment.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

D'Espana

My dear Ambassadors, please do remember that we previously agreed that we would not vote after 17:59:59 hours of the local time (BM forum time) Thus, any votes made after that hour will not count for deciding who we should entitle the murder to. Bear in mind that for the next time, and do not let the time of your home countries mislead you.

And indeed, we have to make speculations and rough analysis, because we have little base to work with. The assassin was very careful to not get identified and not leave any traces, so we can only hope that a mistake helps us to catch the treacherous rat.

Quote from: Sonya on February 15, 2013, 01:48:01 PM
Phone?

Vote for D'Espana

Ok, you got me with that one ;D
D'Espana Family

Ketchum

I am stumped. Let see how the update goes 8)

My fellow Ambassadors,

Ambassador Norrel could be right. Let try test his theory and if he is wrong, we can always hang him next. Lynch him of course.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).

D'Espana

Quote from: Fury on February 15, 2013, 07:18:41 AM
Oh. My. I don't believe it. But I think it's my fellow ambassador, D'espana. Assume he is the assassin and read through his messages again. I know him well. I believe I can read him well too. Take this into account for the next voting. *There is always a chance I am dead wrong. For now, I am inclined to agree:

VOTE Thomasgriff

Out of 10 participants, there are potentially two assassins. Three at the most. My reading thus far:

Norrel (good?) We'll send him back to Denmark after this
    Dishman (good?)
    Penchant
    D'espana (bad?)
    Ketchum (good?)
    Stabbity (good?)
    Thomasgriff (bad?)
    Arrandal
    Fury (good) Diplomat - there's nothing significant about me.
    Sonya  (good?)

Ambassador Fury, I am shocked by your words! To think that one can't even trust a fellow ambassador... I still think that you may not be the assassin, or at least that Ambassador Thomasgriff seems more suspicious than you do. Anyway, I would have not expected that sudden declaration. I think I need a glass of wine... actually two, I think.
D'Espana Family

Thomasgriff

Since all ties mean both die and it would be better for the villagers if only one will be lynched
UNVOTE NORREL

Norrel

Quote from: Ketchum on February 16, 2013, 01:58:09 AM
I am stumped. Let see how the update goes 8)

My fellow Ambassadors,

Ambassador Norrel could be right. Let try test his theory and if he is wrong, we can always hang him next. Lynch him of course.

scumtell. I never said that I was sure, and punishing people for contributing is anti town.

Stabbity

Stating everything everyone else does is antitown is antitown.

Its clear our good friend Thomasgriff, my fellow Cathayan, and a braver man than any present is not an assassin. His selfless move to opt to sacrifice himself clears himself in my mind.

Leaving my suspicions with Norrel, who got a "tell" on someone new based on one message. My fellow ambassadors, I am fully convinced that Norrel is a Sartanian Saboteur. He speaks like one, reminds me rather of Selene actually.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Ketchum

Quote from: Norrel on February 16, 2013, 02:58:40 AM
scumtell. I never said that I was sure, and punishing people for contributing is anti town.
What next? The quiet one is anti town? :o

Guess we cant please everyone. 2 or 3 of us are Assassins, that much is for sure. I thought most, if not all of us are working to bring pressure by voting on someone and bring pressure on him, make him defend himself. Everyone Ambassador have become expert in psychology overnight?

There is but one thing we can do, for sure. Get everyone talking and try to guess from there. Hmm :-\