Author Topic: End Aurvandil's Blatant Cheating  (Read 14231 times)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Re: End Aurvandil\'s Blatant Cheating
« Topic Start: March 31, 2013, 11:38:29 PM »
Again, where's the evidence? Where's the list of suspected accounts? What have they supposedly done?

I can't even count all the times we have received accusations of multis that "everyone knows" are guilty, with no more evidence than they started in the same month, or have names from the same anime series. If you want an accusation to be taken seriously, you need evidence, and a specific set of accounts that you think are involved. What I see quoted above is a bunch of angry people who are taking scraps of information, combining it with insubstantiated rumour, and letting their imaginations run away with it. There's nothing in this report that even deserves being glanced at, let alone investigated.

I think the anger is really coming from the fact that, despite a HUGE amount of cheating and wrong-doing, the realm of Aurvandil is suffering almost nothing. Or rather, the honest players who suffered at the hand of Mendicant's cheating are being basically told "hey, we know you're honest players and were duped by a massive cheart, too bad deal with it."

It just feels wrong for a lot of people, and it doesn't appear that, even though the cheating was discovered, that no justice was done.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)