Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Mendicant Cheating

Started by Revan, March 25, 2013, 09:14:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeVondair

Quote from: Shulee on March 31, 2013, 11:40:47 PM
As one of those new knights I'm not going to even try to explain how insulting those comments are.

If either of you in your paranoid frenzy of confusion between IC and OOC worlds would take the 5 minutes of ethical behaviour required to message any single one of us newcomers and, you know, actually chat with us like fellow gamers then you could spare us all the ill-thought, grubby-spirited discourse you count as valuable additions to this conversation.

Had ya'll been D'Haran newcommers, that would have been the case. Rynn, Ghaundan and Ismail are all on the national welcoming comittee  ;D
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Glaumring the Fox

Quote from: Chénier on March 31, 2013, 11:12:42 PM
You are shameless and you disgust me.

Astinus is right. How they choose to RP Mendicants legacy has nothing to do with OOG reasons. They cant just wipe out that history.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Phellan

Quote from: Shulee on March 31, 2013, 11:40:47 PM
As one of those new knights I'm not going to even try to explain how insulting those comments are.

If either of you in your paranoid frenzy of confusion between IC and OOC worlds would take the 5 minutes of ethical behaviour required to message any single one of us newcomers and, you know, actually chat with us like fellow gamers then you could spare us all the ill-thought, grubby-spirited discourse you count as valuable additions to this conversation.

I'd happily welcome you, were you anywhere nearby.   But, since only your Realm mates can message you, guess that's out.

As for paranoid - we pegged Aurvandil for cheating years ago.   It's not paranoia when you're *correct*.

Additionally while getting all your friends to come help you out isn't against the rules, it certainly can be frustrating for everyone else to see a Realm suddenly gain far more power than it should be able to field.   Those kind of things tend to raise red flags amongst those of us who have played for a long time.    That's just our experience and caution speaking.

Chenier

Quote from: Glaumring on April 01, 2013, 12:21:19 AM
Astinus is right. How they choose to RP Mendicants legacy has nothing to do with OOG reasons. They cant just wipe out that history.

Tom disagrees with you. He stated that he would 3-day lock the characters that support reserving a spot of Mendicant's return.

Characters don't decide how to RP Mendicant's "legacy", players do. Players had the option to vilify him, but they chose to glorify him instead.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Glaumring the Fox

Quote from: Chénier on April 01, 2013, 12:47:48 AM
Tom disagrees with you. He stated that he would 3-day lock the characters that support reserving a spot of Mendicant's return.

Characters don't decide how to RP Mendicant's "legacy", players do. Players had the option to vilify him, but they chose to glorify him instead.

I never said anything about reserving a spot for Mendicants return. I said that the players in Aurvandiil cannot just whitewash history, the OOC actions of Mendicant were wrong but his IG character was acceptable. If you think people should just villify Mendicant because he was an OOC cheater it goes against the very spirit of a roleplaying game. The IG characters should not have to change their thinking because of OOG actions of a player. I understand your anger, you are an angry person. I understand you want vengeance and revenge and all these things you seem to spray your anger around like a shotgun blasting every which way you can. What Mendicant the player did was unforgiveable, but what you are doing and asking of the players in Aurvandiil is also unforgiveable.

Penchant

Quote from: Glaumring on April 01, 2013, 01:36:34 AM
I never said anything about reserving a spot for Mendicants return. I said that the players in Aurvandiil cannot just whitewash history, the OOC actions of Mendicant were wrong but his IG character was acceptable. If you think people should just villify Mendicant because he was an OOC cheater it goes against the very spirit of a roleplaying game. The IG characters should not have to change their thinking because of OOG actions of a player. I understand your anger, you are an angry person. I understand you want vengeance and revenge and all these things you seem to spray your anger around like a shotgun blasting every which way you can. What Mendicant the player did was unforgiveable, but what you are doing and asking of the players in Aurvandiil is also unforgiveable.
Well thats a bunch of BS to say that Chenier's actions are the same level as Mendicants but if he keeps up his attitude I will be glad to see him leave.

Chenier: Please answer me this, what do you hope to achieve by your complaints? I seriously do not see why you continue to complain, all I see is you making this worse than it needs to be.
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
― G.K. Chesterton

Glaumring the Fox

He's complaining because Chenier feels entitled to win BM....

Penchant

Quote from: Glaumring on April 01, 2013, 03:04:08 AM
He's complaining because Chenier feels entitled to win BM....
You shut up. You are being as bad as Chenier with a comment like that.
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
― G.K. Chesterton

Glaumring the Fox

Quote from: Penchant on April 01, 2013, 03:05:07 AM
You shut up. You are being as bad as Chenier with a comment like that.

;D 8) ;D

Anaris

Quote from: Penchant on April 01, 2013, 03:02:23 AM
Chenier: Please answer me this, what do you hope to achieve by your complaints? I seriously do not see why you continue to complain, all I see is you making this worse than it needs to be.

He's been asked similar questions before, and his answer basically seems to be, "Punish them and reward me for being good!"
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Feylonis

I'm highly surprised by how mild the penalties have been towards Mendicant's cheating, considering their very, very wide effects. It's almost encouraging others to try their hand at a similar scheme, because all you get is a proverbial slap on the wrist.

Dishman

Can someone make an official "Mendicant/Aurvandil Flame" thread so I can eavesdrop on whats going on with the wars across the pond and not sift through this?

I'd say go to the Cases thread that is up, but it's horribly placed for a vitriol thread.

What are the Terran babies planning to do? How does Asylon fare? Does anyone care about Barca?
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Anaris

Quote from: Feylonis on April 01, 2013, 03:33:43 AM
I'm highly surprised by how mild the penalties have been towards Mendicant's cheating, considering their very, very wide effects. It's almost encouraging others to try their hand at a similar scheme, because all you get is a proverbial slap on the wrist.

The penalties for Mendicant's cheating have been exactly the same as the penalties for anyone else's cheating: the accounts involved have been permanently locked.

There is no way to measure the effect that the cheating has had on the continent, and as Tom has said, if we can't measure something, we can't punish it.

Bugs have caused worse problems for continents. Heck, the Long Winter wasn't that long ago, and it was one of them.

We do not manually intervene unless we feel it is absolutely necessary. Just because you feel wronged doesn't mean we should do something that would make another group of people feel wronged—with at least as much justification.

We weren't the ones who multicheated, Feylonis. If you want to take out your anger on someone, go find whoever Mendicant's player was and yell at him.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Penchant

Quote from: Feylonis on April 01, 2013, 03:33:43 AM
You lose all accounts, and if you want to play again, you must start over from square one. That is not a slap on the wrist IMO, and what you of the aggressive "Ahhhh!!!!! Destroy Aurvandil or I quit BM/Destroy Aurvandil because my opinion on justice must be right! Ahhhh!!!!" are part of the issue with BM as displayed by the fact you are wrecking the atmosphere. You have been told that whats been done is done and that is it but you insist to OOC message IG whining or whine on here nonstop. Its done and you can't change it so quit whining and just play the game. (Feylonis I say you but it might not all or any apply to you, its just a you towards the Aurvandil must be destroy side in general.)
― G.K. Chesterton

egamma

Quote from: Dishman on April 01, 2013, 03:36:37 AM
Can someone make an official "Mendicant/Aurvandil Flame" thread so I can eavesdrop on whats going on with the wars across the pond and not sift through this?

Your wish is my command