Author Topic: Year 23  (Read 24348 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Year 23
« Reply #60: April 06, 2013, 04:46:54 AM »
We have no problem fighting you ever so often. We have problems fighting your uber-alliance every time you fight us. We have NEVER attacked you but everytime we get involved in something you gotta come along.
Stop attacking our friends, and we'll stop attacking you in response.

Its because you are allied to absolutely everyone and SA holds onto every mew theocracy for years and years and defends them every time they are attacked.
We have friends. Oh noes! We're EVUL!
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Bjarnson

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: April 06, 2013, 11:14:21 AM »
*grumbles about still not understanding why Asylon attacked Terran*

Ah yes, I take responsibility, but that dosent mean I tell everyone everything. =)
King Grimrog Bjarnson of Asylon.

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: April 06, 2013, 12:20:11 PM »
I don't mean to interrupt the fussing, but according to Brainy Farf it's still only 22 YD. 23 begins in Summer, not Spring!!

...unless this post is speculation for next year? In which case I foresee Swordfell crowned Undisputed Empire of Toprak? Hm? All hail the UET? Maybe a little applause? Groveling? Tribute?

8)

The beginning of the year is summer? eh, oh well close enough.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: April 06, 2013, 01:10:45 PM »
for the sake of fun maybe it would be good to fight with more than huge alliances and 200 nobles at your beck and call... It might do wonders to make the game more fun.
...says the guy that just surprise-backstabbed Terran so their ally, who totally didn't need help, could roflstomp Terran's capital.

You guys are horrible at picking your wars. The result and consequences of your actions were ludicrously easy to predict. It's like you *wanted* it to happen, but act all surprised when it did. Take some lessons from Terran about how to declare war and *not* draw in all of your enemy's allies.

Anyway... the coming year will definitely be interesting.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: April 06, 2013, 01:51:25 PM »
The beginning of the year is summer? eh, oh well close enough.

Why does the new year start in summer?
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: April 06, 2013, 02:25:21 PM »
The first season of Dwilight was Summer. It makes a sort of RP sense to count years from the first day of summer. Interestingly enough, SA starts all their 2-year Consul and Regent tersm from the first day of Spring, because that's the aproximate time when that system was implemented.

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: April 06, 2013, 04:31:17 PM »
why are the Lurias one huge kingdom? Because if they stay small and play like they used to SA will destroy them.

I can't really speak to the rest of your post, but Luria is large because all the backstabbers have finally killed the rest of the backstabbers. It took years.
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: April 06, 2013, 04:35:35 PM »
That leaves Asylon, we'd rather die than tow the line.

And yet...you allied with Aurvandil. How convenient!

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #68: April 06, 2013, 04:45:38 PM »
I'm not in SA.

The main reason I'm not arguing with you is because I don't bother arguing with people who just keep changing their claims every time someone refutes them.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: April 06, 2013, 04:49:40 PM »
I'm not in SA.

The main reason I'm not arguing with you is because I don't bother arguing with people who just keep changing their claims every time someone refutes them.

This sucks.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #70: April 06, 2013, 06:10:38 PM »
Ah yes, I take responsibility, but that dosent mean I tell everyone everything. =)

Or anyone anything.

Then you don't even try to help a bro out after we surrender. Shame.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Bjarnson

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #71: April 06, 2013, 06:14:55 PM »
Or anyone anything.

Then you don't even try to help a bro out after we surrender. Shame.

Oh, I have told several many things, and I have helpd a bro out, in Phantaria...
King Grimrog Bjarnson of Asylon.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #72: April 06, 2013, 06:23:46 PM »
Hireshmont isnt as bad as Chenier, you are just a victim of Cheniers influence.

I dont know how standing up for my kingdom against SA hegemony , and being left out of the moot so we had to fend for ourselves equals crass opportunistic... I call it surviving against the odds , building a strong kingdom in a desert , surrounded by schemeing kingdoms that only want our lands.

I find this amusing, given how lazy I've been for quite a while, watching Hireshmont exhaust himself with all of his efforts.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #73: April 06, 2013, 06:27:17 PM »
How can anyone on Dwilight in its current state not draw in everyone elses allies? Like seriously, this is the state of Dwilight because of the huge SA power bloc. Why is the Moot an entity? Because it used to fear SA coming to kill it, so they all mass converted to save their asses. Why is Aurvandiil so huge? Because its formed of players from kingdoms SA destroyed and multis who are made to fight against the huge SA alliances, why are the Lurias one huge kingdom? Because if they stay small and play like they used to SA will destroy them. Swordfell stays meek and boring below Morek because a hige SA alliance will kill them if they do anything different. Libero rots because a huge SA alliance will come to kill them if they even breath. Nisuler rots because no one wants to live in such a boring useless kingdom surrounded by Astrum, its Libero part II... That leaves Asylon, we'd rather die than tow the line.

SA was the least of the 'moot's concerns.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: April 06, 2013, 07:02:02 PM »
Why is the Moot an entity? Because it used to fear SA coming to kill it, so they all mass converted to save their asses.

SA considered Terran to be part of SA long before Terran even knew it. SA has always been friendly to the moot realms. They didn't need to save their asses.

Why is Aurvandiil so huge? Because its formed of players from kingdoms SA destroyed and multis who are made to fight against the huge SA alliances,

That must be why it fought Madina and Barca, then?

why are the Lurias one huge kingdom? Because if they stay small and play like they used to SA will destroy them.

Yeah, right. SA loves to destroy realms filled with leading Astroists.

Swordfell stays meek and boring below Morek because a hige SA alliance will kill them if they do anything different.

Swordfell does things differently, haven't you noticed? The huge SA alliance seems to accept it.

Libero rots because a huge SA alliance will come to kill them if they even breath.

Did you know that the biggest SA temple is in Springdale? Libero has pretty much been a part of every huge SA alliances there ever was.

Nisuler rots because no one wants to live in such a boring useless kingdom surrounded by Astrum, its Libero part II...

Nice way to make friends with your neighbours.....

After all it's a roleplaying game.