Author Topic: Year 23  (Read 24577 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Year 23
« Reply #75: April 06, 2013, 07:45:08 PM »
How can anyone on Dwilight in its current state not draw in everyone elses allies?
If you had been paying attention, you would have noticed that Terran did it. And they did a damn good job of it. Maybe you could walk hat in hand to Vellos and ask him, politely, how he did it, instead of just insulting him at every opportunity.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #76: April 06, 2013, 08:49:17 PM »
The thing I noticed most on this forum is how quick you all are to take fake umbrage or insult to absolutely everything I say, like its just all so shocking and insulting.

Well, I can't speak for everyone, but when I take umbrage, it's never fake. Or if it is, it should be pretty obvious from the sarcastic tone and/or smilies.

I speak truths and if speaking the truth hurts maybe the pinch of reality is too much for most of you.

Half the time, what you say doesn't qualify as truth, but can't even be called lies because it's too ridiculous. It just doesn't have any connection with reality.

Dwilight Social interaction between humans is a highschool popularity contest.

T, FTFY
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #77: April 06, 2013, 09:14:27 PM »
I am done on this forum...
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 01:22:35 AM by 米酒 »
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #78: April 06, 2013, 09:20:32 PM »
If you had been paying attention, you would have noticed that Terran did it. And they did a damn good job of it. Maybe you could walk hat in hand to Vellos and ask him, politely, how he did it, instead of just insulting him at every opportunity.

If anybody would like to make any job offers to Hireshmont, he's accepting them!
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #79: April 08, 2013, 12:38:46 AM »
There are ways to survive and thrive on Dwilight. One of them is to not get a repuatation for being an erratic maniac who spits in the eye of everyone with any kind of influence and a persecution complex. If you go about denouncing two thirds of the continent, you deserve what you get. When you ally with the realm that EVERYONE ELSE HATES AND WANTS TO DESTROY there should be no question when EVERYONE comes down on you for taking sides. It would be like if Mussolini had survived WWII and found himself wondering why nobody likes him for allying with Hitler.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #80: April 08, 2013, 12:42:15 PM »
It would be like if Mussolini had survived WWII and found himself wondering why nobody likes him for allying with Hitler.

Rofl. +1 for over the top

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #81: April 08, 2013, 10:24:18 PM »
If anybody would like to make any job offers to Hireshmont, he's accepting them!

Come to Luria, we have cookies! Yeah.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #82: April 08, 2013, 10:35:58 PM »
Alanna wouldn't object to Hireshmont showing up.

It's not impossible she should—but she wouldn't. She'd see it as an opportunity—for interesting conversations, if nothing else.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #83: April 08, 2013, 11:35:08 PM »
Alanna wouldn't object to Hireshmont showing up.

It's not impossible she should—but she wouldn't. She'd see it as an opportunity—for interesting conversations, if nothing else.

So many good options these days.

I wish I could have four Hireshmonts for Dwilight. Honestly, the fall of Terran is opening up all kinds of exciting new possibilities.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #84: April 26, 2013, 08:31:50 PM »

NOW it's 23 YD.

Happy New Year Dwilight!

;D
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #85: May 03, 2013, 04:13:44 AM »
Since the start of year 23 here are the events that have happened so far that I know of:

1. Fissoa assaulted the city of Madina but was repelled by Falkirk.
2. Sevastian Guile changed the allegiance of Sol (balance's retreat & North divides) to Luria Nova before his death from lung failure.

Any that have happened elsewhere?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86: May 03, 2013, 04:20:33 AM »
Asylon ended their war with Niselur, Corsanctum, and Morek.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Bjarnson

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #87: May 03, 2013, 05:11:11 PM »
Asylon ended their war with Niselur, Corsanctum, and Morek.

Our war? I thought it was your war on us... but who cares about such details? ;).

BUT, we got peace with Niselur, Astrum and Morek. Corsanctum are still at war with us.
King Grimrog Bjarnson of Asylon.

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #88: May 03, 2013, 05:24:10 PM »
Asylon gave casus bell it Astrum after it (Asylon) declared war against Terran. Astrum only responded as an ally, not an aggressor.

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89: May 03, 2013, 06:47:20 PM »
2. Sevastian Guile changed the allegiance of Sol (balance's retreat & North divides) to Luria Nova before his death from lung failure.

There is a saying in swedish which goes "God punishes some right away". Sevastian changed his duchy and right away he got lung cancer and died. The action was not endorsed by God ;D
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)