Author Topic: Offtopic  (Read 28257 times)

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Offtopic
« Topic Start: April 30, 2013, 05:02:16 AM »
Kyle deleted his dwilight character earlier today.

Woelfy did delete his Swordfell character, but I didn't find any explanation until I checked the forums. It would have been nice to have an RP explanation to those in Swordfell, as I think most of us took it as griefing. I tried to run with the 'Sevastian died of lung infection" that I found in the Luria thread, but am curious how many people received that IC. I would be more curious as to the OOC reason he deleted a fairly good character.

This strikes me as being very much like the classic playground game of "see how far we can taunt the weird kid until he hits one of us and gets sent to detention, while we all get off scott-free, sniggering behind our hands."

From what I saw of the interaction between Ironsides and Woelfy, this seems to be close. Ironsides has a kind of goading and mercurial nature to him (which is evident in Bowie), while Woelfy has a serious and aggressive nature (evident in Sevastian). Those two will never get along. They are both great players, but they seem to feed off of each others personality in a bad way.

I think this has gotten to the point where Tom should look at the message logs of everyone in Swordfell. Some 14-day account locks may help cool things off. Yes, Kyle may be deserving of one of those locks.

I'm not sure if the message logs of the 11 remaining characters in Swordfell would yield much OOC harrassment, but you never know. After the Titan warning, I've not seen any OOC chatter. This sounds more like it's about 3rd party OOC chatter, facebook/email/forum/etc. It might be worth looking at Sevastian's message log (if it shows incoming/outgoing), but even then I think Tom has more on his plate than managing arbitrary disputes.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)