Author Topic: 101 Ways to Destabalize the Northern Astroist Federation  (Read 80076 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Yeah. Now.

Also, from the sound of it you all worship the goddam charter more than you worship your stars. Are you theocracies or are you the flipping United Nations?

Sanguis Astroism has always been heavily politicized. It wields more secular power than any other religion in the game, so the stakes of the political conflicts within the Church are much higher than they are in any other BM religion. It gives them zest.

When it really comes down to it, no one cares about the Charter except insofar as it gives them power to accomplish their aims or justifies their chosen policy. If you think you're going to find a consistent interpretation of the Charter in the Church, good luck. Everyone will interpret it in whatever way suits them best at the moment.

You seem to be under the impression that Church should act in a fair and consistent manner. You will always be disappointed if that's the case. The Church acts in its own interests and the interests of its members, as determined by whichever faction is wagging the dog at the moment. There's nothing fair about it. Until you're willing to roll up your sleeves and start trying to wag that dog yourself, quit complaining.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
cor·rup·tion  (n):  Dishonest or fraudulent conduct by those who hold power, typically involving them not doing what I want them to do, or not placing my goals and ambitions before their own.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Also, from the sound of it you all worship the goddam charter more than you worship your stars. Are you theocracies or are you the flipping United Nations?
LOL ;D

I was thinking that a solution to the "too many archons" might be some sort of rotating membership :)
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
LOL ;D

I was thinking that a solution to the "too many archons" might be some sort of rotating membership :)

Or require priesthood for theocratic rulers.

:P
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Disturbedyang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Ah, was trying to cause a hoohaa then got banned, and before managed to even move away, got captured by patrols(militias) and then got deported. Talking about a bummer.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Until you're willing to roll up your sleeves and start trying to wag that dog yourself, quit complaining.

I did try, that's why I'm allowed to be upset, right?
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile

:P

That's got to be an IR violation.

How about a priest elected by rulers to represent them?

Zakilevo

It is IR violation. You can't tell people to become another class.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 05:57:40 AM by Zaki »

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
I did try, that's why I'm allowed to be upset, right?

Are you even a member of SA? I'm under the impression that you're not.

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I actually like this. It is a 'theocracy' after all. How the hell can you not be tripping over priests left and right in a theocracy?
It is IR violation. You can't people to become another class.

You can't people to become a different class, but you can realms to have a priest leader. No one is forced to change class, but the realm is forced to change itself or face excommunication if no one steps forward as a priestly ruler.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
It is IR violation. You can't people to become another class.

Being a ruler is not an IR.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Being a ruler is not an IR.

True, but class choice is an IR, even for rulers... at least that's what my understanding is.

For the six pages this thread has racked up, I was hoping the north would be a burning mess by now!  Pump up the drama IG yo. Religious nobles can find a casus belli easier than fat kids can find cake! Less talk, more action!

Zakilevo

Do not worry! I am trying to send nobles of Astrum to the southern realms! Death to boring realms!

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
That's got to be an IR violation.

How about a priest elected by rulers to represent them?

I was mostly joking, but a actually it's an interesting question. The issue is: could the church refuse to recognize a realm or even punish it if the ruler isn't a priest? It's not an individual being punished, per se, but still, that debate probably belongs in a different thread.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Are you even a member of SA? I'm under the impression that you're not.

Uh... what? So I'm only allowed to be upset about SA if I'm a member of it? That's ridiculous.

Also, I can only "play the game" so to speak with SA if I'm a member of it? Nonsense.

Kale has many influences and connections in SA. He did play the game. Just because he "lost" doesn't mean he didn't "play the game."
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)