Author Topic: Funniest realm names (past, present, or future)  (Read 13602 times)

egamma

Past: "I Can't believe it's not Butter"
Future: "Spanish Inquisition"

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Past: Farronite Repubic
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

egamma

how is the name funny?

Gustav Kuriga

One could also go for Farronite being close to that one noble's name in Aurvandil.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
how is the name funny?

Keep reading it until you see the misspelling.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Gustav Kuriga

how is the name funny?

Read it a couple times, and say it out loud. Make sure to do so slowly, and make sure everyone can hear you when you say it.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
(And yes, this really was what the realm's name was when it was first created. There's actually code to prevent using government types in realm names, so they only reason they were able to get "Republic" in there in the first place was by inadvertently misspelling it....then getting it manually changed so it wasn't so terrible.)
Timothy Collett

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Future: Tuchanon EMACS
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Terran.

Loved the realm.

Hated the name.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Terran.

Loved the realm.

Hated the name.

Hey, at least you aren't stuck with D'Hara, directly ripped off some novel of some sort. I wouldn't have minded the name were it original, but I was rather disappointed when I learned it was not.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Zakilevo

Terran.

Loved the realm.

Hated the name.
Future

Zerg

Protoss

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Does anyone remember the very brief existence of the Protectorate of Obsidian Islands, which also declared the Obsidian Islands to be an empire?

Kronos' Burg?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
PoOI? Yeah, I remember them. Didn't last long, did it? ;)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
D'Hara is really the worst name for a realm. It has always  made me cringe. Summerdale was also pretty bad.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Gustav Kuriga

D'Hara is really the worst name for a realm. It has always  made me cringe. Summerdale was also pretty bad.

How are those bad realm names?