Author Topic: The Dwilight University  (Read 29359 times)

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Dwilight University
« Reply #30: April 20, 2011, 07:14:10 AM »

It might become true that a religion could dominate the department of theology, one thing could lead to another and bamo there is your idea in play. I argue though that it is a Dean not a Prophet. Their judgment is academic, not spiritual. This is not the University of Sanguis Astroism it is the Dwilight University. It can't be strictly one thing. That's what the actual religion is for. Let the temples and churches create their own education system if they want. Actually, that would make a hell of a great article for the Department, and this debate would have done well to originate in the University. (Ah ha!, there's the rub! We are doing in this thread exactly what we should be doing in the University!)

Culture can originate from things other than religion. I hoped the Illiterati would produce fictional works from various realms for us to enjoy. Like a story of a noble who lived in the Occidens battling the monsters, etc. It would give other players insight into those realms through the eyes of another character. A realm could become famous for its heroes and adventurers. Why not? The Keepers of Lore tried to do something like this but suffered from the same lack of contribution as the University is.
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there