Author Topic: Titan System Revalation  (Read 49434 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Titan System Revalation
« Reply #75: April 21, 2011, 05:09:02 PM »
But currently, people are singled out for being suspected of having filed a report.

I'm going to assume you've personally witnessed someone discriminated against because they are suspected of having filed a report, and can demonstrate that discrimination was more severe than they would have faced had they been identified for certain.

If you can't support such a claim... frankly, that's a silly argument. People are already discriminated against, so let's make it worse?

Plus if we can get it into players' heads that this really isn't a big deal, that should help. Except in the case of multis, but then again in that case they're gone when we're done with them.

Minor issue, but you're often not done with them. Every time I've ever reported multis, they've ended up getting removed in "waves," as I guess the Titans are usually conservative: rather let a few multis remain and "wait and see" than accidentally remove real players. But that's a minor point.

However, a larger point: you want reporting to the Titans to not be a big deal?

Never gonna happen. One, they're called Titans. That's a big deal. Two, few people go to the effort of bringing small issues to the Titans. Small issues are resolved at a lower levels. Titans are a last resort for most of us: it can't be resolved any other way, so you contact the Titans.

If you're seriously suggesting we should stop community conflict resolution and bring any issue to the Titans... that seems like a big workload for them.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner