Author Topic: Great Dwilight War:Astrum defeats Asylon and Farronite forces.  (Read 267850 times)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
If the church loses its authority it loses its significance.   CoB,  Triunism, Elementalism.   Those religions don't matter because they have no authority.  There is no reason to have power struggles within those churches because there is nothing to struggle for.

Things are changing within CoB slowly, I wanted this to be IG knowledge but I might as well let it out now in snippets, I am steering CoB towards being a more darker evil religion than it was in its beginning that has been the plan all along, thats is where the 'heaps' building in Vakreno come into play and their purpose will be known soon once we start fighting this war since I am not allowed to use our own citizens we must get them from somewhere else  ;). The intention of CoB has been to start off benign and slowly become darker as in game events allow it. I hope that CoB will grow into Dwilights most evil and hated religion in Dwilight, a religion where the power of the fruit begins to truly rot minds and create a place for ritual, sacrifice and a factory of blood. There are too many good religions in Dwilight, I hope if things go well that evil will have a chance once SA has been weakened... Where once was the splendour of the church the weeds of the sacred fruit spread entangling the wreckage of civilization, spores floating on the wind, madness and debauchery and blood filling the void of the now darkened stars... Muhahahaha
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
I do have to say that Glaumring has a point here... the amount of meltdown from some of you SA players has been ridiculous. This is indeed literally the first major threat to SA in years (if not ever) and the swords are barely out of their scabbards and you all are crying doom and gloom and the end of SA. What in the world?

Leopold's victory is not assured by any means. Yeah, Astrum is probably going to take a beating. Terran might cease to exist. What else? Corsanctum might be attacked some? Who is going to tear down all of Morek? Luria Nova? Doubt it.

SA is only going to die if the players who keep it alive right now in the first place decide to let it die because they're throwing a fit that someone dared challenge SA's authority. SA won't die and it won't lose what makes it special if you don't let it.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Exactly!  :D
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Sarwell

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Dwilight War
« Reply #138: June 28, 2013, 03:28:46 PM »
We have a very delicate size advantage over Terran's forces where all of our Nobles have to show up to win in Saffalore and they didn't this time.

Actually, I remember that right before the attack there was almost twice as much mobile CS in Vashgew as in Saffalore. The problem was that the handful of nobles who didn't respond all had large units that made up significant chunks of the total force.
Sarwell Family - Alna (Phantaria), Rosnan (Ohnar West), Julian (Strombran)
New female characters start with an extra 10% skill in cooking and in cleaning.

Frostwood

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
News

Crusade has been called against.... realms?  No targets have been named.

Orders from Medugnatos Stormcrow   (1 hour, 17 minutes ago)
Message sent to everyone in "Sanguis Astroism" (151 recipients)
Faithful Brothers and Sisters,

War is upon us! The Church is under attack!

Therefore I call a crusade, effective immediately to defend the Church and Theocracies against this outside aggression.

We need to defend our brothers and sister who are under attack. All Faithful are asked to do whatever possible to defend Sanguis Astroism. May it by weapon or word.

The Elders understand that this is a difficult situation for some of you, especially for those Faithful believers in our way of connecting with the Divine who are living in a realm that is attacking us.

Leaving those realms is only one opportunity you have. Speak up in your realm, try to make them see reason is another one.

Whatever you decide to do, join the Crusade with word or weapon. We are fighting for the survival of the ways our Holy Prophet has laid out before us, for the survival off the Church itself.

A crusade has been called. Now let us defend ourselves for the glory of the Bloodstars!

Medugnatos Stormcrow
Royal of Corsanctum
Margrave of Well of Mimer
Priest of Sanguis Astroism
Light of the Maddening Star of Sanguis Astroism

Characters:Lain Frostwood, Ghostfire Frostwood, Talia(commoner)

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Since SA sort of covers all of the island, and almost all of the island is in war, naming it Astroist War (1st? probably, but it is too early to name it that) sounds like best to me.
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Does SA in any way have a cross as a symbol?
Ardet nec consumitur.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Does SA in any way have a cross as a symbol?

Not even a little bit.

The closest they've got is that (I think) one of the Stars is four-pointed, though I don't know offhand which one.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
The you should call it a Starade.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
The you should call it a Starade.

Oh, dear.

No, no they shouldn't. Nor should we similarly gut the other quarter of the English language that was directly developed based on the heavy influence of Christianity over several centuries.

Besides, "Starade" sounds like a really lame science fiction soft drink.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
I rather like "Star Wars"

Admit it, you can't get around the fact that it is a good title for this war...  8)
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Sarwell

• Knight
    • View Profile
Oh, dear.

No, no they shouldn't. Nor should we similarly gut the other quarter of the English language that was directly developed based on the heavy influence of Christianity over several centuries.

Besides, "Starade" sounds like a really lame science fiction soft drink.

If we follow the "crus" in "crusade" back through Latin and French, the proper replacement term would be "Astrade" anyway.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Not to say that Crusade is bad, but I think Holy War would still be more correct then? Or try out Jihad! Yes, next time I declare a holy war I'm announcing Jihad.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Sarwell

• Knight
    • View Profile
Not to say that Crusade is bad, but I think Holy War would still be more correct then? Or try out Jihad! Yes, next time I declare a holy war I'm announcing Jihad.

Bloodstar Jihad!

To be fair, the core orthodox institution (devoted elders, prophets, and so forth) does radiate that religious-crazy vibe.