Author Topic: Captain Artemesia at your command!  (Read 6616 times)

songqu88@gmail.com

Re: Captain Artemesia at your command!
« Topic Start: May 01, 2011, 11:26:24 PM »
About as tedious as marching as a noble with your army  ;D

There's no penalty for not always following your noble. You just don't give any bonus, and get no skill and H/P gain. Your noble might not be too happy either, and he is the one paying you...

Besides, it's just like all the other classes. Don't like being unable to field units? Don't play a priest then. Don't like being unable to loot? Don't play a cavalier. Don't like being seen as lower class and doing odd jobs for nobles? Don't play an adventurer.

I like to be upfront about what people are getting into, and BM does a good job of this. So by the same token, I think the initial creation "warning" would be something like "You can very likely die as a captain within a couple of days, you'll probably be forced to follow your noble commander everywhere, but you get to feel like you're actually one of the soldiers." I guess.

This is just out here on the forums to see whether people actually would like to play from the perspective of one of the soldiers, albeit the highest ranking soldier below the noble and his command staff. The major concern I have is whether it would be of any use, and all concerns about balance and where it fits into the larger game comes after the first hurdle.