Author Topic: Atamara Update?  (Read 56196 times)

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
Re: Atamara Update?
« Reply #120: February 20, 2014, 09:37:12 PM »
They should have not done anything as long as they were center of this war. So basicly continue what they had done their whole existence, they did really well.

Edit: Oh, or close up their borders totally from CE & Darka, that would have tested out CE's words about respect of independent realms :)
-Jaune
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 09:40:56 PM by jaune »
~Violence is always an option!~

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121: February 20, 2014, 09:40:32 PM »
Jaune,

Tell me this, what should Lyonesse have done that would have been friendly to Darka and not idiotic for Lyonesse?

Declare war on CE?

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #122: February 20, 2014, 09:43:58 PM »
Declare war on CE?

and not idiotic for Lyonesse?
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

stuartalexmc

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #123: February 21, 2014, 12:15:55 AM »
Lyonesse is in a difficult position. Not helped by it's members.

I don't think Darka wanted to fight them, but they really had no choice. They should have remained neutral; maby even helped CE or Darka. Open war will kill them; CE must refit and then Darka will finish then off.

BTW when did Lyonesse become a Theocratic realm?

Eirikr

« Reply #124: February 21, 2014, 04:33:04 AM »
And I tried to negotiate with Lyoness, but Lyoness refused negotiate as long as our army were on their lands and lowered relations to neutral, it was clear sign that peace between us was over. You had promised free passage to Cagilan Empire and wanted Darka out from your lands. It was too much. Lyoness had survive and even doing good just because they had been good for Darka. If they had tried to enforce treaty of Hawthorne and block our passage, they would have dead long time ago. It was essential for both realms survival that we co-operate, suddenly Lyoness stopped to co-operate, vice versa, they started to co-operate with the enemy. Lyoness had to be taken care, they had become threat to Darkan survival. Which is sad, i really thought we both had similar view that CE is the Devil, after all it had humiliated your "mother" realm badly... but then again, new leadership of Lyoness had no clue how Lyoness was created. Lyoness were taken over by former Minas Ithilians. Which i didnt mind back then, we had good going from beginning, until you started to toy around with CE and ignore us.

Sorry, I have to respond to this. Jaune, can you please stop repeating the same point? We've moved past that ages ago. I've been intentionally wording my responses to accept that point and ask something new. Let me simplify what I had said in my last post:

YES, Darka was stuck in negotiation. YES, it was probably Queen Raziella's fault (I can't say, I wasn't part of the negotiation). NO, that does not mean we suddenly pledged our undying allegiance to the CE.

What you don't seem to understand (incapable or unwilling, who really cares) is that you could have backed off, taken the black eye, and solved it before the CE came back again... leaving the door open for an alliance with Lyonesse. Instead, you chose to tell Lyonesse it wasn't allowed to have its own needs (we lowered relations after you threatened to murder everyone in the region), told us we were now allies of the CE, and cut off our legs (or whatever body parts help this analogy).

And then, after all that, you want to complain that it's Darka vs. the world? It's one or the other, buddy. You don't stab the guy next to you and expect to have a bunch of new friendships.

Now to catch up with all those posts in between... My original call was for fully locked borders. If I recall correctly, both sides wanted to negotiate, so it's not really a fair point. Enri doesn't comment here much anymore, but if he did, he'd tell you how pissed he was at Ravendon... He even tried to claim that because Lyonesse had let Darka through 6000 times during the supposed term of the Treaty of Hawthorne, the no passage rights term would just begin right then. It's sad to know now that I shouldn't have bothered; I thought I'd made a major win for Darka.

I also don't know if you've ever tried doing absolutely nothing... Even if you're good at it, which I would agree Lyonesse was (Ravendon even sent a letter today saying that...), it's not exactly fun. In fact, we'd have likely died one of those slow, painful, absentee realm deaths. Our members were going to be a problem on either extreme: Massive boredom or interesting chaotic risks. On an OOC level, I'd hope that choice is obvious.

Lyonesse became a Theocratic realm when we lost Hawthorne. Sale was made a Theocratic Duchy when Ravendon took the Duke title, though I didn't get a say... On an OOC level, I've just rolled with it because I've never really paid attention to religion in this game. Had to give it a shot once. Raziella's the primary driver there, though it did get interesting when the Darkanism channel erupted.

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #125: February 21, 2014, 05:26:33 AM »
It's funny how Juane is winning in this conversation :D ;D he keeps repeating himself and people keep respond like it will change his mind.

I mean what was Lyonese thinking? I mean look at the Sand people the well they umm... sit in the sand Lyonese should have learned from them. tsk tsk. That's what happens when you let Himouras in your realm on AT first Coria now Lyonese... some might begin saying they are bad luck or worse cursed.

Hides ::)
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #126: February 21, 2014, 05:50:50 AM »
They should have not done anything as long as they were center of this war. So basicly continue what they had done their whole existence, they did really well.

Edit: Oh, or close up their borders totally from CE & Darka, that would have tested out CE's words about respect of independent realms :)
-Jaune
While the second option is not completely a dumb idea for Lyonesse as there is a tiny chance CE would have considered it, you certainly show you never wanted Lyonesse as an ally/friend. You don't want friendship, you want slaves. Friends help each other out aka its a two way street. Darka just wants help while not giving a !@#$ about the other realm. Darka was slowly destroying Lyonesse because they never cared about Lyonesse.

"We are destroying your regions by having massive battles there and killing your militia and army. What do you mean you don't think we are nice?" "We just attacked your realm but why are you lowering relations with us and asking us to leave?"

It would have been different if Darka worked with Lyonesse to minimize the amount of regions they had battles in and paid Lyonesse for the damages they were causing, but Darka was never interested in friendship only slaves.

As well, to the idea of Lyonesse shutting everyone else out, while there is a tiny chance CE would consider it, you know thats a  BS suggestion because you would never let a realm stop you from waging war against another realm completely. If Eston in its original form completely blocked you off from attacking CE when this war was offensive by Darka, you can't tell me you would have been fine with Eston not allowing you to wage war against CE.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #127: February 21, 2014, 06:51:37 AM »
It's funny how Juane is winning in this conversation :D ;D he keeps repeating himself and people keep respond like it will change his mind.

I mean what was Lyonese thinking? I mean look at the Sand people the well they umm... sit in the sand Lyonese should have learned from them. tsk tsk. That's what happens when you let Himouras in your realm on AT first Coria now Lyonese... some might begin saying they are bad luck or worse cursed.

Hides ::)

Seriously. WTF? You are really promoting the idea that it'd be better to have been a boring, silent realm that did nothing, has more game mechanic reports than actual player messages etc. than to actually say...play the game of battlemaster? I'd take the path of doom and destruction every day before death by apathy, but by god, that wasn't the intention either.

I find Erikr's previous post to be a fair analysis of the situation and I'm likely to be just as repetitive in the following sentences. Darka acts like there was no choice and its all Lyonesse's fault, but let's not forget that every relationship requires action by both parties. Darka chose to attack Lyonesse murderously. Darka chose to persuade a capital margrave to betray his realm (how interesting that its always Atanamir's character convincing others to betray their realms). Darka chose to ignore a travel treaty's discussion until the last moment when they refused to sign. Darka chose to trespass into Lyonesse. Darka chose to threaten lords within their own region to gtfo or else. Lyonesse may have been 'stupid' for not cowardly submitting, but Darka is by not means innocent - their actions led to this as much as Lyonesse's refusal to roll over.

You know what else is interesting? Gian left because he wanted some 'continental balance', ie this whole CE is the devil and should be fought idea. The *same* lord who was attacked by Darka murderously, lost his region etc. wanted to join Darka and fight CE because 'continental balance'. How does that make *any* sense?

[/rant (mods feel free to edit if my words were too heated)]

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128: February 21, 2014, 07:15:14 AM »
I did not trust Lyoness anymore. Darka was better without Lyoness. I know OOC wise it was !@#$ty situation, but your relam were born by !@#$ty situation, none of us expected this last this long, but it keeps going.

I considered Lyoness future friend, but as long as that war was going and they were not intrested to join our side, i saw them as surrendered Eston province which were battleground. As soon as they started to show signs that they refuse to be that, i started to be bit worried, but same time they showed some intrest to try help out to build peace between CE & Darka, which Enri(i think in purpose, like in this recent Talerium case) blew it off.

The second Lyoness Queen said she wont negotiate unless we pull out from their lands, it was clear to me that Lyoness is no more friendly to Darka and we would be better without them.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #129: February 21, 2014, 07:26:46 AM »
I did not trust Lyoness anymore. Darka was better without Lyoness. I know OOC wise it was !@#$ty situation, but your relam were born by !@#$ty situation, none of us expected this last this long, but it keeps going.

I considered Lyoness future friend, but as long as that war was going and they were not intrested to join our side, i saw them as surrendered Eston province which were battleground. As soon as they started to show signs that they refuse to be that, i started to be bit worried, but same time they showed some intrest to try help out to build peace between CE & Darka, which Enri(i think in purpose, like in this recent Talerium case) blew it off.

The second Lyoness Queen said she wont negotiate unless we pull out from their lands, it was clear to me that Lyoness is no more friendly to Darka and we would be better without them.

A straight answer at last. I shall shorten for the sake of brevity "Fight for Darka or die."

Isn't this the EXACT behavior Darka has been crying about CE supposedly exhibiting?

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130: February 21, 2014, 07:36:24 AM »
I didnt expect you to fight for us, i expected you to swallow your loss and wait the war to be over.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #131: February 21, 2014, 07:42:11 AM »
I didnt expect you to fight for us, i expected you to swallow your loss and wait the war to be over.

You expected us to fight for you, or you would steal our cities. Lyonesse will not wait, and when the war is over, you will be far humbler.

Eirikr

« Reply #132: February 21, 2014, 08:22:51 AM »

Since someone already gave the angry answer, I'll just respond to the technical bit: I was told directly and with no uncertainty that Lyonesse would never get the same treatment as Talerium no matter what we did. Even if we sat on our hands, neither Darka nor the CE respected us enough to just let it be... and also because they hate eachother that much. Both sides would have been pissed if there was no longer a path through. That was part of the intent of doing the turns for passage rights... One could go and attack the other without fighting in Lyonesse. Theoretically, it could have just been limited to a single path, kinda like how Cantril was used for so long.

I made alllllll the relevant points of "Well, why aren't we allowed to be as equally neutral as Talerium?" or "Would we ever be able to earn such neutrality?" and even "Talerium's at least part of the League, why can't they make a sacrifice for their brothers and allow fighting in Nazamroth instead of stepping all over a third party?" I mean, Nazamroth is still a waste from the first part of the Neverending War and perfectly positioned... so why not?

I guess someone always has to be the third rate citizen... Or maybe I just need to stop putting myself in central realms. (Worked out okay with Perdan!)

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133: February 21, 2014, 08:44:53 AM »
Heh, Darka had suggested that close the borders.

Stabbity, I mean Lyoness had lost this war already. I didnt expect them to join it again and fight side by side with us, i expected them to live with their loss and wait this war to be over. But like said earlier, this has been ridiciously long war, i know it has been sucky times for Lyoness and Eston... I think big problem is also that Lyoness didnt have anybody(?) active who were there when Lyoness were created.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #134: February 21, 2014, 08:47:25 AM »
Heh, Darka had suggested that close the borders.

Stabbity, I mean Lyoness had lost this war already. I didnt expect them to join it again and fight side by side with us, i expected them to live with their loss and wait this war to be over. But like said earlier, this has been ridiciously long war, i know it has been sucky times for Lyoness and Eston... I think big problem is also that Lyoness didnt have anybody(?) active who were there when Lyoness were created.

Eston lost. Lyoness was created from that loss, and Lyoness was not content to stand idly by while you destroyed our lands. Of course we're going to stand up against that, especially when we were working on a reasonable solution to this.